Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Needs to do it for 90 mins. Cameos and Glimpses here and there aren’t enough. 

I think he’ll get there but this idea that he should be starting is nonsense to be honest. He’s been average at best so far (and I really, really wanted us to sign him).

There also seems to be this fantastical idea creeping onto both Villatalk and Twitter especially, that the only reason he loses the ball is because he’s a risk taker and tries these amazing things. It’s just complete codswallop. He loses the ball making the most simple of passes and also when he gets outmuscled. 

A bit like that time Hogan wasn’t rubbish because all of our other players weren’t playing through balls to him..

I hope he’s a beast for us, but right now, he’s no better than Ramsey, Young, Sanson etc. I don’t think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even if you don't rate him, it's impossible to ignore the fact that only he and occasionally McGinn are providing any real creative supply/threat other than Olly himself. (and Cash)

So if not Buendia (and I think it should be him as he is improving week in week out) we need someone else to help improve our goal threat.

Young is a quick intelligent player who gets forward well, but quite often gets fouled and jumped all over and the ref gives nothing - like versus the scouse cheats.

Not sure why Bidace and Anwar seem to get nowhere near the team, Bidace was immense in the cup and preseason.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Needs to do it for 90 mins. Cameos and Glimpses here and there aren’t enough. 

I think he’ll get there but this idea that he should be starting is nonsense to be honest. He’s been average at best so far (and I really, really wanted us to sign him).

There also seems to be this fantastical idea creeping onto both Villatalk and Twitter especially, that the only reason he loses the ball is because he’s a risk taker and tries these amazing things. It’s just complete codswallop. He loses the ball making the most simple of passes and also when he gets outmuscled. 

A bit like that time Hogan wasn’t rubbish because all of our other players weren’t playing through balls to him..

I hope he’s a beast for us, but right now, he’s no better than Ramsey, Young, Sanson etc. I don’t think. 

Feel like you have decided he is a busted flush and would need to do something amazing to change your opinion, must say thought he was very good against city and you slated him, today he causing Liverpool nothing but problems but he hasn't done it for 90 mins(out of his control)

• Like 3

If you don't start Buendia there is precisely zero creativity in the side as shown against Liverpool. 

I like Ramsey and Young a lot but you're not going to get very much at all creativity wise from them, Bailey and Traore are constantly crocked so we can't rely on them. Like I said earlier, I've moaned about him plenty but if we want to have an impact in the oppositions half then well he simply has to play. 

46 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If you don't start Buendia there is precisely zero creativity in the side as shown against Liverpool. 

I like Ramsey and Young a lot but you're not going to get very much at all creativity wise from them, Bailey and Traore are constantly crocked so we can't rely on them. Like I said earlier, I've moaned about him plenty but if we want to have an impact in the oppositions half then well he simply has to play. 

It's crazy to think we haven't seen a fully fit and firing Bailey, Buendia and Traore at the same time yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's crazy to think we haven't seen a fully fit and firing Bailey, Buendia and Traore at the same time yet. 

All I've been waiting for since the season started. Would easily be the most creative Villa side this millennia. 

• Like 1

I would really like him to take a bit more care in possession.

Yes, he's a risk taker and makes things happen...but he regularly loses the ball in vulnerable positions and we get countered on.

Can't see him not starting against Norwich.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villaglint said:

People moaning about him not starting but Gerrard mentioned in the pre match press conference that a couple of players were struggling with knocks and touch and go to make the game. Seems pretty obvious that Buendia was one of those. 

I accept that's most likely scenario 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think you need a fair bit of ball winning prowess behind to play that line up....very lightweight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Starting a game against Liverpool without Buendia is like taking a gun to a gun fight with no bullets

You can't afford to give the ball away as often as he does in bad positions against Liverpool.

• Like 1

Â