Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

He seems to only play for himself. Strikes me as a complete knob

That is unfair, you don't know him personally. He works hard for the team and gets annoyed to be subbed off, that does not make him a "complete knob".

Edited by DRAGONZ_RULE
  • Like 2

There’s a 60-70m player in there.  Hope as he gets more comfortable with the system and the players around him the penchant for misplaced midfield passes/caught in possession becomes a thing of the past.

He’s incredibly unselfish with his play and also has a bit of a prick about him which I personally love.  Always looking to create for others and always pressing defensively.  Can see why Stevie likes him.

• Like 4

He's getting there for sure. Gets caught dithering or taking an extra touch a bit too often right now, but I think that's a combination of both him and the team itself still clicking. Even Gerrard himself constantly hammers home the point about the team being a work in progress in terms of possession and I think you can see this in the good and bad of Buendia. When he gets it right he pulls off some majestic stuff and generally gets moves flowing better than most. Can't fault the work off the ball either given the type of player he is.

32 minutes ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Creative attackers almost always take time to bed in to a new team and environment!! Look at Grealish himself, undoubtedly one of the best players in the division and struggling to adapt to life at City. Bernardo Silva is currently the second best player in the world after Salah and if you lot were his manager in his first season at City you would have sent him back to Portugal 😂😂

Leo bloody Messi, the best player in the entire **** history of football, has moved to a new club for the first time in his career and has only 1 goal all season - you guys would probably be binning him off too.

FMD the number of people on here who think real life football is FIFA and you can just plug a player into a team and expect 100% output from day one absolutely astounds me.

I was thinking to myself again after the game today that (ironically enough given they are struggling) I love Leicester’s model… buy players, some on big money, but assume it will take a year for them to be up and running. As long as Buendia, Bailey etc are firing next season (and to be clear I think they’ll be firing well before then) then next summer’s signings go into that pipeline as well and can be eased in. That doesn’t work if you’re scrapping against relegation and need immediate results but hopefully that won’t be us again any time soon.

• Like 1

He seems to be getting better each game, by the mid point of the season I think we’ll start seeing more of the best of him in games. 
I know it’s a long way off but I think by next season he’ll be a standout player for us.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I think he had another good game.

Buendia is always looking to be direct and play a through-ball, he's fairly elusive with the ball at his feet too.

Leicester are quite an aggressive team and committed alot of fouls (many of which the referee let go) so it was a tough game for him.

Like others I'm confident he will be great for us.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

According to Whoscored his pass accuracy yesterday was 77% with 27 successful passes out of 35. Regarding those other 8, I've read  comments by numerous people about him choosing risky, ambitious passes, including 'through balls', which sometimes come off and sometimes don't. Admittedly that is a risk and could cost us a goal sooner or later but will also get us some more goals, like McGinn's at Palace.

People have praised him for his short pass accuracy, I guess he now needs to improve his long pass accuracy (more difficult). And I need to watch the full 90 tonight to make up my own mind about his overall performance v Leicester.

He was fine yesterday, he worked hard, dribbled well and tried to make things happen. 

His pass stats will be lower because of his position. KDB averages around 82% pass accuracy a season and is probably one of the lowest on the City team

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can I be honest? I expected him to be almost as good as Grealish! 

In all seriousness, I expected someone who kept the ball better and was a lot more silky. He has his attributes and positives in that he works hard and he is capable of some really intricate passes but he just gives the ball away too much and can be so wasteful. 

He can go from the downright awful to the sublime in the space of 10 seconds. Unfortunately, I think it’s more bad than good atm. 

I don't know if this is entirely serious given the rest of the comment, but I think we all forget how frustrating Grealish was at times. We defended him to the hilt because he was our golden boy, but he was often guilty of holding onto the ball for way too long and making baffling final decisions.

But, we forgave him all that because that's exactly the sort of thing you want your main creative force doing. Even if it doesn't always come off for him, I want to see Emi continue to do things like this because frankly, somebody has to take risks of we want to be successful. Fortune favours the brave, etc.

• Like 4

The lad should be on at least 6 assists by now, that's on the other players who've missed those chances. He's put them on a plate for them, he's doing his job there. His link play can be superb and he was, again, involved in the majority of significant chances we had yesterday. 

Yeah he gives the ball away sometimes, but I want to see our attackers trying to thread passes and getting out forwards in 1 on 1, not just recycling the ball till their defenders are set again.

Lads a passionate player and you can tell he really wants to do well here. People see his little outbursts when his performances are poor as a negative, I don't, it shows he's want to do better, you can't fault that in a player. We've had players in the past with big transfer tags come and play poorly, get there heads down, then never recover and just milk the club for money. I don't see that him, he wants to win and better himself. Even when he's below par he still works hard to get back, defend, press and to get on the ball again. I honestly think he'll prove a lot of people wrong. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was fine yesterday, he worked hard, dribbled well and tried to make things happen. 

His pass stats will be lower because of his position. KDB averages around 82% pass accuracy a season and is probably one of the lowest on the City team

Was going to post this then thought people would think I'm insane for comparing him to KDB. Haha 

Â