Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

58 minutes ago, lexicon said:

100%. His ability isn't in question - just needs backing and time to get back to what we know he's capable of and what we bought him for. 

Not trying to be cute, but when have we seen what he's capable of? 

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Okay... I've yet to see nothing more than a championship player. Hope I'm wrong. 

Have you not seen his eye for a killer pass that the average player would never spot? Or his ability to keep the ball in tight areas? He could easily have had three or four more assists for us as well.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Have you not seen his eye for a killer pass that the average player would never spot? Or his ability to keep the ball in tight areas? He could easily have had three or four more assists for us as well.

Yes I've seen him try a lot. Sadly he isn't very successful. He mostly keeps losing the ball and often in dangerous situations. He's a liability at the moment. 

Look I know I'm being overly harsh and that's due to what we paid for him. I expected a ready-made, quality playmaker, not a work in progress, inconsistent grafter. 

15 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Yes I've seen him try a lot. Sadly he isn't very successful. He mostly keeps losing the ball and often in dangerous situations. He's a liability at the moment. 

Look I know I'm being overly harsh and that's due to what we paid for him. I expected a ready-made, quality playmaker, not a work in progress, inconsistent grafter. 

What you expected was the finished article but the reality is no finished article at this level and his age costs only 38m unless there is no potential left. ie Ings for instance

We brought a work in progress, hopefully one that becomes our next 100m player. That's what we brought. 

Also, I do think you are being harsh on him because the last couple of weeks he has vastly improved his workrate to a consistent level

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Been great under Gerrard, really good in City game where we deserved a draw and we have 9 from 12pts. Some of this nitpicking is just ridiculous and imo unjustified. As since forever it seems people write a player off then go out of their way to stick with that position 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Feels like some either have an impossible standard or just find ways to dislike him because his name is not Grealish

Yet has the same amount of goal conteibutions in less time. Carney and Ramsey missed glorious chances he set up as well

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Also, I do think you are being harsh on him because the last couple of weeks he has vastly improved his workrate to a consistent level

I already said I'm being harsh. "Improved his workrate" just isn't good enough for 38M. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Been great under Gerrard, really good in City game where we deserved a draw and we have 9 from 12pts. Some of this nitpicking is just ridiculous and imo unjustified. As since forever it seems people write a player off then go out of their way to stick with that position 

If you think he's been "great", I don't think we've watched the same games. I'm not writing him off btw, I honestly hope he comes good. He's pretty far from it at the moment though. 

He was good today. Not perfect but he was good. He always shows for the ball which is key to our forward transitions. He is getting better every week. He works really hard and he does have incredible vision. His execution let’s him down at times but the rest of our midfielders don’t even see the passes that he is failing to execute.

Â