Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It baffles me and it’s a classic case of people wanting him to be good because of the transfer fee. 

He’s been poor, there is no two ways about it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him dropped in the next few weeks, especially if Carney and Sanson are busting a gut for a place in the side. 

Until he stops giving the ball away and causing us huge headaches when teams counter us, all the little glimpses in the final third are meaningless.

Hes not what I expected at all. I was pushing for us to sign him more than most, I’ve just been thoroughly underwhelmed is all. 

Really hope he improves because I doubt Gerrard is impressed by him thus far.

What did you expect from him? Or what kind of player 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

What did you expect from him? Or what kind of player 

Can I be honest? I expected him to be almost as good as Grealish! 

In all seriousness, I expected someone who kept the ball better and was a lot more silky. He has his attributes and positives in that he works hard and he is capable of some really intricate passes but he just gives the ball away too much and can be so wasteful. 

He can go from the downright awful to the sublime in the space of 10 seconds. Unfortunately, I think it’s more bad than good atm. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can I be honest? I expected him to be almost as good as Grealish! 

In all seriousness, I expected someone who kept the ball better and was a lot more silky. He has his attributes and positives in that he works hard and he is capable of some really intricate passes but he just gives the ball away too much and can be so wasteful. 

He can go from the downright awful to the sublime in the space of 10 seconds. Unfortunately, I think it’s more bad than good atm. 

Expecting a 38 million pound signing from the Championship to be just as good as one of the top 3 players in the Premier League last season, who we just sold for 100 million is your problem.  It isn't Buendia's...  He's playing like someone used to more time and space on the ball with more protection from the referee when challenges come in.  He'll adapt to the pace of the Prem the more he plays, but still expecting him to be on the same level as Jack is hilarious...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KMitch said:

Expecting a 38 million pound signing from the Championship to be just as good as one of the top 3 players in the Premier League last season, who we just sold for 100 million is your problem.  It isn't Buendia's...  He's playing like someone used to more time and space on the ball with more protection from the referee when challenges come in.  He'll adapt to the pace of the Prem the more he plays, but still expecting him to be on the same level as Jack is hilarious...

Judging by his stats in the division at Norwich, I genuinely thought we had someone of the same ilk as Jack (obviously not as good). 

I hope you’re right about him getting used to the Prem. I’ll concede on the fact that he has shown glimpses of quality, I just want him to show it more and stop giving the damn ball away. I find him extremely frustrating at times and agree with others that if someone like McGinn or Nakamba gave the ball away as much, they’d be slaughtered. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Well I'm old school.

Mainly judge on the eyetest rather than numbers.

Thought he had a really poor game.

The numbers are across all UK games not just this one. Eye test wise I thought he was brilliant vs City. Assume you did too?

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The numbers are across all UK games not just this one. Eye test wise I thought he was brilliant vs City. Assume you did too?

Yes, and I praised him for it.

On the same standard I will criticize him when he plays poor, and people shouldn't lose their shit over it.

Not saying he won't come good but today I thought he was poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Yes, and I praised him for it.

On the same standard I will criticize him when he plays poor, and people shouldn't lose their shit over it.

Not saying he won't come good but today I thought he was poor.

Nobody losing their shit, just a bit hypocritical to claim you don't go on the numbers, and then do the complete opposite in the same breath. Hard to take any opinion seriously when there's a subtext of contrarian attention seeking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He played well on the top of his goals.

Did he?  Let Barnes drift into acres of space then was slow to close down for the goal we conceded.  Woke up and played much better after that but that is why the eye test is so flawed. Early mistakes get forgotten, especially if the player makes up for it later. 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well I'm old school.

Mainly judge on the eyetest rather than numbers.

Thought he had a really poor game.

Judging players based on a rudimentary optical assessment is a funny way of assessing them as footballers. 

• Haha 2

Â