Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Starting to get better, lost the ball a few times in dangerous areas, but also created a good chance. He has a good football brain, he’s very good at slick little  one touches and putting people into space. Hopefully he continues to improve and shows his worth.

• Like 2

I've been one of his biggest defenders on here, but I thought he was just so-so tonight. He was a real threat in the final third, but didn't look quite as impressive in the centre of the park.

35 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Swear I watch a different game to some of you lot sometimes. Still not 100% but he had a good game tonight, creative players need time to gel with their team mates and build understanding, you can really see that happening now and he looks much better for it.

He's going to be really good for us and pretty much everything good in the second half involved him. I like him a lot 

He looks like he enjoys Dougie being a bit further forward. Great linkup for the Carney chance.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought Buendia was good tonight, possibly his best game so far?

Yeah still not at his best but definitely improving, few times he misplaced a pass that on form would have had someone through on goal, but should have had a couple of assists if people had had more composure - the ball to Chukwuemaka for his chance was delicious. 

• Like 2

Thought he was good vs Citeh. Most of our nice interplay and better attacking raids has Buendia in it - the lad can pick a pass.

Some slick stuff with Bailey, Watkins and that chance for Chuck - more please!

Club record signing and we are nearly half way through the season. 

He hasn't been good enough and he lost my patience and sympathy when he **** off to Argentina when the club asked him not to. 

Glimpses of excellence but that's not enough for the fee we paid. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He hasn't been good enough and he lost my patience and sympathy when he **** off to Argentina when the club asked him not to. 

100%.

Glimpses aren’t enough. He needs to be better than he has been. 

Agree with others that he was better than he has been at times last night. 

Still a ways to go for me though. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gerrard seem to disagree with you.

Gerrard said he had a good game and I tend to agree.

Funny how we all see the games so differently.

Bailey on the other hand I thought put out a disgraceful performance.

Edited by villalad21

Looks like there's a player in there somewhere. The problem is that I think the only position he can play is number 10 because he doesn't have any pace or ability to go past a defender. I'm not sure he'll really fit into our system long term but let's see.

I think he’s a very talented player he’s just not record signing talent. I think we got mugged off with what we paid. Unless he can some how build his upper body strength to not get shrugged off the ball so easily I think he will always be a useful squad player rather than the player many thought we had signed. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

His confidence has obviously taken a knock but you could see as the game wore on he was getting in the flow and his confidence grew. He finds space and links play brilliantly and he puts at least one opportunity on a plate for another player, every game, he'd have at least another 3 assists if Ings/Carney had put them away. No other player in our squad does that as regularly as Buendia. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We actually need the other players to adapt to him rather than the other way round - he made some great runs that were ignored in the first half and the rest of the team didn't quite play at his tempo or see what he was doing at times. He's the most creative player we have and when we're all singing off the same hymn sheet, he could be a very important player for us. 

Â