Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

26 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You’re entitled to hold any grudges you want but it might be time to let this one go. Any of our players would have done the same.

I will when he's up and flying for us. But whilst he isn't I still thinks it's a valid grudge to hold right now. If he'd have stayed I'd be a lot more supportive of his struggles.

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Buendia has 1G 1A.  Sancho has one goal in league play. Lukaku -->3 goals. Grealish --> 1G 2A.  All guys who cost 3 times as much as Buendia and have had slow starts to their season. 

5 games to go to the half way point, 3 games into a new managerial appointment.  Model pro, leaves everything on the pitch. If anyone deserves a little patience to come good it's this guy. 

I'm not sure what picking other expensive players does. I could point to other cheaper players who have done much more and haven't had slow starts. What does that prove?

He chucked away his patience, when the club and manager asked him to put Aston Villa first and he said no. 

I don't hate the guy. I think he's shown some good moments and I'm sure he will eventually come good for us. But it's not been good enough to this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Players that attempt defensive splitting passes are going to give the ball away from time to time, they won’t always come off. 

That he still tries shows bravery not lack of talent. The kid is class 

Buendia gave the ball away by trying to control it in his own box and his touch being so bad it went straight to an opposition player

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Buendia has 1G 1A.  Sancho has one goal in league play. Lukaku -->3 goals. Grealish --> 1G 2A.  All guys who cost 3 times as much as Buendia and have had slow starts to their season. 

5 games to go to the half way point, 3 games into a new managerial appointment.  Model pro, leaves everything on the pitch. If anyone deserves a little patience to come good it's this guy. 

And none of the fans of those clubs will be happy with their performances and will be expecting more going forward. 

That's all anybody here is doing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Buendia gave the ball away by trying to control it in his own box and his touch being so bad it went straight to an opposition player

It wasn't the perfect performance by any stretch but I'd like to focus on the encouraging signs, he is still finding his feet, clearly has ability and it's starting to show.

Just now, AV82 said:

It wasn't the perfect performance by any stretch but I'd like to focus on the encouraging signs, he is still finding his feet, clearly has ability and it's starting to show.

Which is what everyone has said

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Yeah but like, you could say that of almost any performance really. Hard to not find "glimpses of quality" in a performance unless they're really utter dogshit.

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah but like, you could say that of almost any performance really. Hard to not find "glimpses of quality" in a performance unless they're really utter dogshit.

Bailey, anyone?

The quality is there and he clearly gives a **** when he's on the pitch, the rest of it will come with time and settling into a system.

If he hadn't shown those glimpses of quality and he was barely bothering to run, you'd be questioning if he's a lemon, but as is it's just a case of getting into the groove, the little errors will fade when that's sorted.

I thought he was mostly excellent last night, and was losing the ball in situations where most top players would struggle to keep the ball.

His best thing is his quick one touch play on the counter.

I also think the way he passes with a lot of disguise, no look passes, flicks, etc. is stuff that will take his teammates a while to get used to. Once they are familiar with what he can do, we'll see more of his ideas come off IMO, as players anticipate those passes and throughballs better.

• Like 3

There’s flashes that it’s starting to come together for him. As I see it currently:

Pro’s:

Finds and takes up good positions

Looks to be positive and gets on the half turn well

Works hard for the team and does his fair share of pressing off the ball

Con’s:

Still wants too much time on the ball

Awareness seems to be lacking a bit, turns into trouble too often

First touch still letting him down a little too often

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

I have more faith in Buendia coming good than I do Bailey at least 

Only because he's flavour of the month. 

Both of them have struggled for fitness and form since arriving. Both should be miles away from being written off. 

I know it's frustrating as hell, but it is what it is. 

Â