Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

58 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

He's a technical gifted player, pity our manager don't know how to use him.. 

I have seen it in glimpses in a couple of games.

But he struggles to control a ball at the minute and passed it straight out of play today, alongside getting caught on the ball too often.

1 hour ago, WHY said:

You must know him personally to keep banging on about him like you do. He’s been below average imo. Sick of hearing excuses made for the bloke, he cost us more than any other player who has even worn our famous colours. He hasn’t been anywhere near good enough. 

But in a poor team, having been played in different positions, with different formations and different tactics every match.  And like 10 games.

Give him 20 matches in the same position with a team around him and then we will know if he’s good or rubbish.  We just can’t tell at the moment.

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

But in a poor team, having been played in different positions, with different formations and different tactics every match.  And like 10 games.

Give him 20 matches in the same position with a team around him and then we will know if he’s good or rubbish.  We just can’t tell at the moment.

When you pay £38 million for a player he should be adaptable imo. I agree he needs more time but he looks miles off a record signing atm. 

Edited by WHY

Played brilliantly for four seconds - for the remainder of his time on the pitch he was lightweight, ineffective and uninvolved. We need to figure out how to use him better and he needs to find out how he can play in this side. Right now, I'd suggest all that should be being worked on at Bodymoor, not at Villa Park - we have better options as things stand.

• Like 1

Shocked that he is still not looking anything like the player we thought we were getting. Not particularly skillful   gets muscled off the ball far too easily . Good assist though today but that was it . Nothing else he did was worty of the price tag. Shame to see that we cannot get the best out of him 

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Played brilliantly for four seconds - for the remainder of his time on the pitch he was lightweight, ineffective and uninvolved. We need to figure out how to use him better and he needs to find out how he can play in this side. Right now, I'd suggest all that should be being worked on at Bodymoor, not at Villa Park - we have better options as things stand.

Yes. I'd be starting Traore over him for sure if he was fit or just move Bailey over to the right and bring El Ghazi in to balance it up off the ball.

Buendia just looks a real luxury for us currently which is disappointing as from what everyone was saying he was this pressing machine at Norwich.

When you look at their styles at previous clubs, Ings and Buendia should've been ideal fits but all they've done really is unbalance us so far bar the odd good moment every few games.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't see many shots of our bench after he was subbed. He went down the tunnel, did he come back?

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It looked like he stormed down the tunnel and didn't come back. There's a chance he just went and changed in to dry clothes or something, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if that is what happened, something needs to be done about his attitude. 

I saw him back on the bench with a hat and jacket on.

Buendia shows some skills, flicks and a nice assist but also seems slow and a little weak.

The other thing is he seems to naturally gravitate towards the middle and hence doesn't look like a winger at all, even though I know he seems to have played most of his football out on the right.

He's a strange one as I'd much prefer to see a fit Bertrand Traore playing ahead of him on the right.

Again I do wonder why the necessity to have three right-sided players in Traore, Bailey and Buendia?

Â