Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

These videos always remind me how bad Pukki is.

If he could finish he'd be lethal.  His understanding with Buendia was next level,  they really knew what the other was going to do. Wonder how much of that is what enhanced Buendia's creativity stats. He clearly cannot be the same player without a Pukki.  type to run on to this through balls.

Got to hope Buendia clicks with our strikers soon as the vision and weight of pass is definitely in his locker. His stats suggest he can put a shift in too so his poor form has got to be partially down to his disrupted season (to which he has contributed) and lack of fitness... and having been played largely out of position. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

If he could finish he'd be lethal.  His understanding with Buendia was next level,  they really knew what the other was going to do. Wonder how much of that is what enhanced Buendia's creativity stats. He clearly cannot be the same player without a Pukki.  type to run on to this through balls.

Got to hope Buendia clicks with our strikers soon as the vision and weight of pass is definitely in his locker. His stats suggest he can put a shift in too so his poor form has got to be partially down to his disrupted season (to which he has contributed) and lack of fitness... and having been played largely out of position. 

That would not be a failing of Buendia, though - that would be the striker unable to make the requisite runs that you'd expect of a player who cost more than 20m odd.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I hope your knee's OK from that spasmodic jerk. He's barely had a chance to show what he can do - shoehorned in to various unsettled formations into a team low on morale and confidence. 

I get that he's been underwhelming, but give the guy a chance before writing him off ffs. 

Im not writing him off as a player but i am writing him off for Aston Villa 21-22 season. I just cant see what formation or position he fills for us, just looks completely wrong for our team and personnel to me.

He would have been underwhelming as a 10 million pound player never mind the club record signing.

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Isn't a luxury player though.

But he won't get to press as effective as a 10 than as a right winger.

He's been played out of position for most of the season unfortunately.

Depends how you define luxury, i don't mean it in terms of his work rate because he will run all day. I'm thinking more along the lines that he basically needs free reign in the midfield and we don't have anywhere near the midfield steel or quality to accommodate that so he's basically under performing in whatever spot you ask him to play...

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

On Milosevic, I thought he was underrated by many. I loved him growing up. Yorke/Savo following on from Saunders/Atkinson…we really were spoiled in the 90s

Sorry to go off topic, but...I agree...Savo was a solid player. Some were disappointed back then because he may have been overhyped coming in, and his lumbering style did not exactly scream "star striker," but he was a good, solid player.

• Like 2

Good to see some common sense in here at last. 

He’s been underwhelming so far, sure, but his quality is evident. Give him time, in his own position, and we’ll see him flourish. It’s a big step up to come from Norwich, with no disrespect to them. It’ll take time. 

• Like 1

Definitely has talent but he is physically weak and mentally weak too and those things may stop him ever making the grade. He has to toughen up and his starting point has to be to give 100% no matter what his form is. He looks a bit too moody for my liking and on the money he is being paid, there can be no tolerance of that. At the moment, I wouldn't dare pass the ball to him as there is at least a 90% chance he'll get brushed off the ball leaving our defenders exposed !

Edited by Paul33

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Definitely has talent but he is physically weak and mentally weak too and those things may stop him ever making the grade. He has to toughen up and his starting point has to be to give 100% no matter what his form is. He looks a bit too moody for my liking and on the money he is being paid, there can be no tolerance of that. At the moment, I wouldn't dare pass the ball to him as there is at least a 90% chance he'll get brushed off the ball leaving our defenders exposed !

Nobody in England has more red cards in the last 4 seasons. Doesnt sound like a weak guy

• Like 1

I'd have him on a strenuous training regime working on his core strength and conditioning. 10 miles run daily and a 100 dead lifts of John McGinn. One thing I have noticed about him is he seems to be all chest when breathing. Like he is asthmatic or isn't breathing correctly. I'd also get him on a rack and try and stretch him out a little and see if that helps🤣 .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nobody in England has more red cards in the last 4 seasons. Doesnt sound like a weak guy

Not sure what the relevance of that stat is but he loses the ball 90% of the times he is given possession and that makes him a dangerous player to pass to from defence. Ollie was the same when he first got here but quickly learnt to toughen up and fight when he needs to protect the ball ...... Emi needs to do likewise and, so far, is not showing any signs of doing so. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Paul33 said:

What do you base that on?

Definitely has a lot of improving to do, but he has still only played 8 games, one goal and one assist, critism does seem over the top (as per usual). He has also played in multiple positions for us already, making the transition to a new club that much more difficult. 

I do like that even though he may not be playing to his full potential, he is still fighting and pressing whenever he can, seems to have a great work rate. I don't mind if he seems a bit moody, most south american players do, it's partly what makes many of them so great, they are stubborn and passionate. 

The thing that does worry me, is that he does seem physically weak and quite slow, many players are though able to compensate for this, hopefully he is able to also. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Not sure what the relevance of that stat is but he loses the ball 90% of the times he is given possession and that makes him a dangerous player to pass to from defence. Ollie was the same when he first got here but quickly learnt to toughen up and fight when he needs to protect the ball ...... Emi needs to do likewise and, so far, is not showing any signs of doing so. 

You're right about the relevance of that stat..if anything does suggest he may be weak mentally if he's prone to a red card. Or at least very bad at tackling.

But as for not showing any sign of knowing when to protect the ball, he's barely played. And when he has he's been played out of position. When we bought him those that knew him said he was not a central midfielder.  Funny then that he's not good at playing there.

Put him on the wing,  and he'll not only need to protect the ball less, but he'll know how to do it from that position as that is where he plays.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What do you base that on?

Not much by way of tangible evidence just on pitch demeanour ...... looks down and moody. I could be wrong but he doesn't look fired up, confident, determined, aggressive, etc. 

On 02/11/2021 at 17:57, TomC said:

Sorry to go off topic, but...I agree...Savo was a solid player. Some were disappointed back then because he may have been overhyped coming in, and his lumbering style did not exactly scream "star striker," but he was a good, solid player.

Similar to JPA.

Â