Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

:rolls eyes:

seriously, if anyone did any research beyond the thoughts popping in to their head, anyone would know this isnt true.

In 19/20, Buendia played a full season in the PL with Norwich, and Buendia was only behind De Bruyne & Grealish in that season for chances created, and for a team that finished bottom, his creative ability is literally proven in the PL.

FYI - he may have been 4th in the list, was defo 3rd or 4th.

Sometimes players just look better in a relegation threatened team. I mean think back to some of the good seasons Benteke and Delph had for us, went higher up the league when they left and couldn't step up.

What were N'zogbia's stats like at Wigan when we signed him? I imagine they were pretty good when he had those runs of 6-7 games when he'd pretty much keep them up with goals and assists.

That player is what Buendia is reminding me of a bit. We play him as number 10 when apparently he's been on the right. We then play him on the right and bar odd flash dosen't do much during the game. Player then becomes frustrated and becomes disruptive influence off the pitch.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sometimes players just look better in a relegation threatened team. I mean think back to some of the good seasons Benteke and Delph had for us, went higher up the league when they left and couldn't step up.

What were N'zogbia's stats like at Wigan when we signed him? I imagine they were pretty good when he had those runs of 6-7 games when he'd pretty much keep them up with goals and assists.

That player is what Buendia is reminding me of a bit. We play him as number 10 when apparently he's been on the right. We then play him on the right and bar odd flash dosen't do much during the game. Player then becomes frustrated and becomes disruptive influence off the pitch.

We were a relegation threatened team throughout N'Zogbia's entire tenure here and he was utterly terrible. We're a relegation threatened team right now and Buendia's not doing it. Also when Delph left for city he was a key member of Guardiola's first title winning team at left back.

8 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

We were a relegation threatened team throughout N'Zogbia's entire tenure here and he was utterly terrible. We're a relegation threatened team right now and Buendia's not doing it. Also when Delph left for city he was a key member of Guardiola's first title winning team at left back.

He played 22 games hardly a key player, not all were starts either

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1 goal and 1 assist in less than 500 minutes and should have been 2 except Ramsey slipped at Old Trafford.

He has done OK, Grealish has one assist more in 300 more minutes for City

He also played a clever through ball for Ings, whose shot was saved. Can't remember who that was against now.

5 hours ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Yes, absolutely on Benrahma, but outside of Werner/Havertz/Ziyech trio at Chelsea because their fees were massive, I only included signings from the summer just passed. The point is well-made, though - last season Benrahma couldn't get a kick, and when he did he looked out of sorts. But, a season of training and learning how the team operates, a full off-season to really bed-in the learnings and practice with his teammates, and this season he looks a completely different player.

As was pointed out by someone else on the previous page, last time Buendia was in the Prem he ran 3rd for chances created behind only KDB and Grealish, who are unequivocally two of the best players in the league when in form - and he did that for a team which ran dead last. That tells you he clearly has the talent to perform at this level. Just give him (and Bailey for that matter) the time they need to adjust to a new home city / country, a new team, a new manager, new training methods and game plans - and equally as importantly, give the rest of the team the time to understand how Buendia and Bailey think: how, when and where do they like to receive the ball, to give the ball etc.

I read through a Twitter thread analysing Buendia's performances this season, and the author highlighted so many instances where teammates (primarily Watkins) simply have not been on the same wavelength so far, resulting in misplaced passes, incorrect runs, split second hesitations which allow defenders to get a foot in or get back into shape etc. All that is completely understandable with new teammates, and the only thing that fixes it is time - training together, playing together. Here is the thread, well worth a read (watch the clips too):

magnificent post!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

So many fans think that just because you sign a player for big money from a club or a league where they were dominating, they will come into a new environment and immediately deliver those performances. It's not FIFA on your PlayStation, bloody hell.

Post of the year!

On 22/10/2021 at 19:05, TomC said:

He'll be fine. Maybe sometimes the rest of the team is on a different wavelength, but I'd rather that they adjust to his wavelength than the other way around. He has an eye for a good pass.

I read through a Twitter thread analysing Buendia's performances this season, and the author highlighted so many instances where teammates (primarily Watkins) simply have not been on the same wavelength so far, resulting in misplaced passes, incorrect runs, split second hesitations which allow defenders to get a foot in or get back into shape etc.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it!

If you enjoy tactics, read the Twitter thread that Dragonz quotes...it's a good analysis. This is a good observation from the Twitter post:

The first thing a club should do when they recruit new players (especially attackers) is sit them all in the analysis room and show them how they individually create and score goals. So Buendia knows the runs that Ings makes. And Ings knows the passes that Buendia makes etc.

Makes you wonder how much our mess of a preseason is still affecting things...

Yes, absolutely on Benrahma, but outside of Werner/Havertz/Ziyech trio at Chelsea because their fees were massive, I only included signings from the summer just passed. The point is well-made, though - last season Benrahma couldn't get a kick, and when he did he looked out of sorts. But, a season of training and learning how the team operates, a full off-season to really bed-in the learnings and practice with his teammates, and this season he looks a completely different player.

As was pointed out by someone else on the previous page, last time Buendia was in the Prem he ran 3rd for chances created behind only KDB and Grealish, who are unequivocally two of the best players in the league when in form - and he did that for a team which ran dead last. That tells you he clearly has the talent to perform at this level. Just give him (and Bailey for that matter) the time they need to adjust to a new home city / country, a new team, a new manager, new training methods and game plans - and equally as importantly, give the rest of the team the time to understand how Buendia and Bailey think: how, when and where do they like to receive the ball, to give the ball etc.

I read through a Twitter thread analysing Buendia's performances this season, and the author highlighted so many instances where teammates (primarily Watkins) simply have not been on the same wavelength so far, resulting in misplaced passes, incorrect runs, split second hesitations which allow defenders to get a foot in or get back into shape etc. All that is completely understandable with new teammates, and the only thing that fixes it is time - training together, playing together. Here is the thread, well worth a read (watch the clips too):

I've ran out of reactions but superb posts.

I don't trust Watkins in linkup play at all by the way. It's not a strength of his game at all.

• Like 1

This clip is why I (and probably Deano) thought the 3-5-2 would work with Buendia playing central... Ings is the one with the clever movement but Watkins also a danger and can't be left. So, Watkins to drag to defender out wide while Ings runs the channels for the through ball. Didn't pan out that way, evidently.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Reserving judgement until we have a manager who plays him in his natural position.

I think that's what disappointed me yesterday - we finally put him in his natural position and he was barely involved. It's still early days for him and he's a very good footballer, he'll need some time to settle and maybe a little time on the bench and out of the spotlight so he can work his way to finding the right rhythm within this team and a way for him to have more influence on games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's what disappointed me yesterday - we finally put him in his natural position and he was barely involved. It's still early days for him and he's a very good footballer, he'll need some time to settle and maybe a little time on the bench and out of the spotlight so he can work his way to finding the right rhythm within this team and a way for him to have more influence on games.

What frustrated me more was that we finally put him in his natural position on the RW; yet he spent the majority of the game drifting inside to the CAM position.

The balance of the team really suffered last night with him drifting in field, there was just no width out on the right hand side and it caused problems going forward for both the midfield and for Cash on the overlap.

Thought he was by far and away our most creative player last night. Given the performance overall of the team, that probability isn’t as great a compliment as it should be. But honestly, I think a lot of fans , in their frustration, are giving him too hard a ride. He’s quality, with a better performing team around him, that quality will shine.

• Like 2

In The Modern game the front 3 must be fluid, not fixed on the right or left, these keep opponents guessing, for Foden / Silva / Grealish all exchange position throughout the game.. Buendia has the skill & game intelligence to play this fluid style... 

If we give him to pep/ arteta / Brighton am sure  he will do well 

• Like 2

Â