Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

but rather than be played wide right which was his position for Norwich he seemed to again be used as No10 today, he looked better when he moved to the right but I don't think that was where he was meant to be playing, Dean put Ramsey there.

Edited by VillanousOne

We might of just been had here. Maybe Norwich had a system that made individuals look better than they are/where. I thought Jamal Lewis was unreal there. He’s looked bang average since. What i will say is the higher up the pitch he is the better because defenders know fouls are riskier and kinda stand off a bit, Watkins goal been prime example. But out the field, he’s as weak as piss and opposition know it

51 minutes ago, WHY said:

Would be delighted if he turned out as good as Bowen based on what I’ve seen so far. 

I'm sure he would have looked like Bowen today if he came up against defending as bad as ours today!

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Maybe out of position , but not involved enough he was proven in the championship not the Premier League let's not forget.

:rolls eyes:

seriously, if anyone did any research beyond the thoughts popping in to their head, anyone would know this isnt true.

In 19/20, Buendia played a full season in the PL with Norwich, and Buendia was only behind De Bruyne & Grealish in that season for chances created, and for a team that finished bottom, his creative ability is literally proven in the PL.

FYI - he may have been 4th in the list, was defo 3rd or 4th.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

seriously, if anyone did any research beyond the thoughts popping in to their head, anyone would know this isnt true.

In 19/20, Buendia played a full season in the PL with Norwich, and Buendia was only behind De Bruyne & Grealish in that season for chances created, and for a team that finished bottom, his creative ability is literally proven in the PL.

Really so what's the problem then cause he looks average at best ?.He aren't proven in the Premier League you can bring out what ever stats you like currently his below standard for a player  35 mill past is the past.

Edited by ozvilla28

7 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Really so what's the problem then cause he looks average at best ?.He aren't proven in the Premier League you can bring out what ever stats you like currently his below stand for player cost 35mill.

i dont know mate, but personally rather than look at Buendia only, we should look at the vast swathes of our players that seem not to be able to kick a ball 5 yards, to a team mate, under our current regime, whether its coaching, tactics, personnel management, something else?

Mings - England international, making lots of mistakes.

Konsa - doesnt look as assured as last season, was being touted for England last season.

Targett - looks a shell of the player from last season.

Cash - The polish cafu, looked good last season, seems to not be consistent this season, cant cross this season for toffee.

Luiz - erratic performances at best.

McGinn - cant seem to hold the ball or pass 5 yards, a Scotland international who seems to play much better for Scotland, but literally trips over his own shadow for Villa, and passes to shadows too.

watkins - seems to have feet made of stone blocks and has missed numerous good chances

Ings - Doesnt look the dynamic, clinical finisher he was for Saints, is it a lack of chances created by the rest of the team, and/or poor forward play by the team leaving him isolated?

Bailey - looked amazing in his cameo's, looked like a passenger today.

Buendia - has historic proof that he is PL quality, has been called up to the Argentina squad, looked good/bad in parts.

I mean, when you look at it holistically, its not one player under performing, its the majority, so the question i would ask, that i dont have the answer to.....is, why?

When i look at the squad, the whole thing screams of wider problems than "one player not performing"....at least to me.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Really so what's the problem then cause he looks average at best ?.He aren't proven in the Premier League you can bring out what ever stats you like currently his below standard for a player  35 mill past is the past.

Judge him fully when he's in a settled side because it's been 10 games he's been in and out. He's played right wing left wing as a 10 as a 3 in a back five formation.

How can anyone settle? All our players look crap. We don't have any interplay or chemistry what so ever.

The coaching is abysmal.

We have * let's hope Matty Cash ran rampage forward and whip something in or *let's hope Bailey can rampage forward and blast one in.

We have no balance. No patterns of play. No settled side. No first 11. No plan. Nothing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Literally everyone forgets that season mate. It's hilarious. And people writing him off after a handful of games in this currently shite, unbalanced side 😂

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Has 1 more goal and 2 more assists this season than possibly the greatest player that ever lived.. who also happens to be settling in with his new team mates.

Who is Djemba Djemba playing for these days?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Bowen is also in his 3rd season at West Ham now, and last season he lost his spot in their team at different parts. He now has more than 60 Premier League games for the Hammers and is looking class in a team that is absolutely flying with a solid defence, one of the best central midfield pairings in the league, and a quick, fluid attack full of confidence.

Name a forward at any club in the league who was newly signed in the summer and has hit the ground running... I can think of Andros Townsend and Demarai Gray for Everton, both of whom are long-term PL players who know the league. Ronaldo in the same bucket, and he's also a top 5 player in the entire history of football so... the only completely new to the Prem signings who have done OK are Hwang at Wolves and Edouard at Palace.

Here's a list of forwards, many of whom are much bigger names and cost a hell of a lot more than Buendia, who have signed and not performed:

• Romelu Lukaku, 100m, started with a bang but completely cooled off and now injured
  • Timo Werner and Kai Havertz, 120m between them, playing for the European champions and still struggling in their 2nd season. Hakim Ziyech the same, 40m and he doesn't even play.
  • Jack Grealish, 100m, getting slated by their fans
  • Jadon Sancho, 75m, doesn't even play after coming from Germany as an elite player
  • Nikola Vlasic, 30m, doesn't even play after coming from winning the Russian league's player of the season award
  • Bryan Gil, 25m, doesn't even play
  • Patson Daka, 40m, only plays off the bench or in Europa League
  • Adam Armstrong, 15m, struggling big time and been dropped multiple times already
  • Literally every signing at Norwich, who broke their club transfer fee record multiple times in the summer

So many fans think that just because you sign a player for big money from a club or a league where they were dominating, they will come into a new environment and immediately deliver those performances. It's not FIFA on your PlayStation, bloody hell. FIFA on your PlayStation even includes the concept of "Team Chemistry", showing that even they understand that new signings from other clubs, leagues, nationalities, languages etc don't immediately gel together and it takes time to build understanding and, well, chemistry. 

How about some of you look in the mirror and think about what happens when you move to a new company for work... they offer you increased pay so you make the move, it's the same industry and a similar role ... but does that company expect you to be delivering at 100% of your output from Day 1? Or do they realise that you need to be trained on how the company works, you need to meet people and learn how they do things here etc etc, and you get given time to get up to speed?

The funniest part to watch will be once Villa sort their shit out, get some consistency in lineups, the new signings start to gel with the team and so on, and Buendia shows his quality and proves to be a critical player, 3/4s of the blokes abusing him now will pretend they never did ... "Oh it's like I always say, you have to give a new signing a season and a proper off-season to bed in," they will say, before nevertheless ripping into next summer's big money signing after a slow start 2 months into their Villa career.

Spot on and, you forgot to include a player in this that a lot of players wanted - Said Benrahma! 

Targett and Cash are both missing the two players they had playing in front of them last season - Grealish and Traore. Those two players also happened to be our most dangerous and creative players. Bailey and Buendia are still settling in and until they do so I feel we're going to continue to struggle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Spot on and, you forgot to include a player in this that a lot of players wanted - Said Benrahma! 

Targett and Cash are both missing the two players they had playing in front of them last season - Grealish and Traore. Those two players also happened to be our most dangerous and creative players. Bailey and Buendia are still settling in and until they do so I feel we're going to continue to struggle. 

Yes, absolutely on Benrahma, but outside of Werner/Havertz/Ziyech trio at Chelsea because their fees were massive, I only included signings from the summer just passed. The point is well-made, though - last season Benrahma couldn't get a kick, and when he did he looked out of sorts. But, a season of training and learning how the team operates, a full off-season to really bed-in the learnings and practice with his teammates, and this season he looks a completely different player.

As was pointed out by someone else on the previous page, last time Buendia was in the Prem he ran 3rd for chances created behind only KDB and Grealish, who are unequivocally two of the best players in the league when in form - and he did that for a team which ran dead last. That tells you he clearly has the talent to perform at this level. Just give him (and Bailey for that matter) the time they need to adjust to a new home city / country, a new team, a new manager, new training methods and game plans - and equally as importantly, give the rest of the team the time to understand how Buendia and Bailey think: how, when and where do they like to receive the ball, to give the ball etc.

I read through a Twitter thread analysing Buendia's performances this season, and the author highlighted so many instances where teammates (primarily Watkins) simply have not been on the same wavelength so far, resulting in misplaced passes, incorrect runs, split second hesitations which allow defenders to get a foot in or get back into shape etc. All that is completely understandable with new teammates, and the only thing that fixes it is time - training together, playing together. Here is the thread, well worth a read (watch the clips too):

• Thanks 1

Â