Breakaway League

Jareth

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It doesn't appear the Super League want to use Sky. They want to keep games in house on PPV streams.

Sky will rightly be shitting themselves. They've paid billions and billions of pounds for the Premier League rights and now they're potentially going to be losing 6 of the biggest fanbases.

This is why there's talk of leagues suing the clubs. Sky and BT will want rebates, and the PL will want that paid for by the clubs

My cursory understanding is that the 'founding  SL members' want to remain in their respective domestic leagues. Basically the SL replaces the CL.

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think this will be a large part of their business model, in the sense that Sky, BeIn, BT, NBC, et al will be cut out of the loop in favour of a direct subscription model.

How will it work though, fans that want to watch all the games will have to subscribe to 12-15 different services?

I can't see how that is realistic.

Not sure if this has been said already but does anyone think it’s some form of a ruse from them just to get more favourable terms on the restructure of the Champions League which just happens to be this week?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

My cursory understanding is that the 'founding  SL members' want to remain in their respective domestic leagues. Basically the SL replaces the CL.

Yes they do, but UEFA and the domestic leagues are saying they'll be banned from their domestic leagues if they go ahead

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think this will be a large part of their business model, in the sense that Sky, BeIn, BT, NBC, et al will be cut out of the loop in favour of a direct subscription model.

Will be on Amazon IMO. The broadcasters have to worry about getting people to subscribe in a way that Amazon simply don't 

13 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I really dont care whether you dont like it or not, that's how it is. I'm not "throwing my hands up" at all. I'm posting how it is on an internet forum. They don't care and I don't care that they don't care. Being passionate about football is this day and age is a mugs game.

Your defeatism is pointless and wrong, but of course you're entitled to it.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anybody else find it a disgrace that not a single manager or player from this so called "Big 6" have come out and said anything yet?

Their silence speaks volumes.

what would you want them to do? this is their employer, should klopp resign on the spot then?

i imagine they are just waiting to see what happens. guarantee the managers and players learnt the news at the same time as us. it's not even been 12 hours

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why would these clubs care about being kicked out of Uefas competition when they would generate more income from the SL?

These are global clubs with massive global fanbases. Whereever they go they will always fill the stadiums and generate a ridiculous amount of income.

I meant more about what UEFA might do if the PL allow these clubs to continue playing. Obviously the SL clubs won't be playing but maybe they'll decree that no club from England plays in UEFA European competition while PL teams play in the SL. 

5 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The collective silence suggests they've been told not to.

Well their silence speaks volumes.

If players and managers got united and spoke out against this the SL would not happen. Players and managers hold all the power.

Instead they probably all be thinking with their own wallet and their own interests. It's sickening. Really hate society.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Not sure if this has been said already but does anyone think it’s some form of a ruse from them just to get more favourable terms on the restructure of the Champions League which just happens to be this week?

Almost certain that is exactly what it is.

Without the need to qualify for the Super League it is nothing more than a glorified friendly tournament like the Audi Cup, the Emirates Cup or the glorious Peace Cup. Long term it would fizzle out and I think they know that, they're just desperate for CL reform and extra games.

Also it seems a bit random to me... for example why should Tottenham be invited to join it and not Leicester? Yes, Spurs reached the CL final two years ago but what have they actually won in the last ten years? Whereas Leicester won the PL quite recently (and may be about to win the FA Cup). I guess it must be because Tottenham have more money, a huge amazing new stadium, a bigger fanbase...

And Arsenal, yes they've won three FA Cups recently but if I remember rightly they've finished outside the top six several times in the last ten seasons or so. They risk finishing in the bottom half this season.

So that seems a bit unfair in my view. As for no relegation, that's even more unfair! What if West Ham, for example, go from strength to strength in the next few years and continue to play better than one of the big six teams (e.g. Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool). Should they not then be in the ESL instead of that big six team?

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

what would you want them to do? this is their employer, should klopp resign on the spot then?

i imagine they are just waiting to see what happens. guarantee the managers and players learnt the news at the same time as us. it's not even been 12 hours

Not resign but show loyality to the English football league and openly say they will take no part in this.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone hear that liverpool fan on talk sport right now? What a absolute rocket polisher.

Funny though when they told they wont be part of the premier league anymore as he didnt know😂

i heard him...what a total bellend

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Not resign but show loyality to the English football league and openly say they will take no part in this.

This is the kind of stuff it's really easy for us fans to say but in reality you'd be no different in their situation.

Â