Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, villalad21 said:

Not resign but show loyality to the English football league and openly say they will take no part in this.

they'd be sacked on the spot...as i said, they are waiting to see what happens

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone hear that liverpool fan on talk sport right now? What a absolute rocket polisher.

Funny though when they told they wont be part of the premier league anymore as he didnt know😂

Yes, I hardly ever listen to talk sport but thought I’d put it on. He was the first person on, so I turned it straight off 😂

Just now, Stevo985 said:

This is the kind of stuff it's really easy for us fans to say but in reality you'd be no different in their situation.

I would hand on heart walk from villa if they signed up to this garbage

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The collective silence suggests they've been told not to.

The announcement was made 12 hours ago, they were probably asleep and on the way to training now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I would hand on heart walk from villa if they signed up to this garbage

i do feel for the genuine fans of these clubs

it would be like your club going bust overnight

chelsea fans should be planning which pub they're drinking at for the cup final. instead some of them will be deciding which club they're going to support once this is done

FIFA always good for a laugh at least, just look at them caring for the downtrodden and the poor. (unless you are a migrant worker in Qatar)

In view of several media requests and as already stated several times, FIFA wishes to clarify that it stands firm in favour of solidarity in football and an equitable redistribution model which can help develop football as a sport, particularly at global level, since the development of global football is the primary mission of FIFA.

In our view, and in accordance with our statutes, any football competition, whether national, regional or global, should always reflect the core principles of solidarity, inclusivity, integrity and equitable financial redistribution.

FIFA always stands for unity in world football and calls on all parties involved in heated discussions to engage in calm, constructive and balanced dialogue for the good of the game and in the spirit of solidarity and fair play. FIFA will, of course, do whatever is necessary to contribute to a harmonised way forward in the overall interests of football.

https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news/fifa-statement-x3487

We Are Laughing GIFs | TenorWe Are Laughing GIFs | Tenor

This is the sort of thing I'm thinking about when I caution against defeatism:

Do I believe the Tories are going to implement the 50+1 rule? No, absolutely not, because having fans own clubs might pose all sorts of questions about whether workers can own or have a greater say in businesses. But the fact they feel compelled to come out and say 'all options are on the table' here is very telling.

People just need to do some basic maths. There are tens of millions of football fans in this country, and opposition to these plans is near universal. Not just among fans of other clubs, but you can see the opposition on forums of clubs involved. Someone quoted a poll on Spurs' forum that had 94% of fans against the idea earlier. Maybe American owners can ignore what their fans feel, but the British government cannot completely ignore what tens of millions of voters feel.

It may be worth people starting to think about communications with MPs, *especially* Tory MPs. If you do go that route, keep it calm, keep it rational, don't demand emotional things like 'chuck them out of the league', but just make them aware that this is an important issue, that you favour 50+1 (if you do), that you expect the government to help with a robust response that protects the integrity of the sport, and that this is an issue you will be considering when it comes to the next election.

• Like 4

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Manchester United have resigned from the European Club Association and Ed Woodward’s stepped down from his role with UEFA. 

If its anything like Woodward transfer deals he probably resigned 18 months ago. Took this long to get through 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

Also it seems a bit random to me... for example why should Tottenham be invited to join it and not Leicester? Yes, Spurs reached the CL final two years ago but what have they actually won in the last ten years? Whereas Leicester won the PL quite recently (and may be about to win the FA Cup). I guess it must be because Tottenham have more money, a huge amazing new stadium, a bigger fanbase...

And Arsenal, yes they've won three FA Cups recently but if I remember rightly they've finished outside the top six several times in the last ten seasons or so. They risk finishing in the bottom half this season.

So that seems a bit unfair in my view. As for no relegation, that's even more unfair! What if West Ham, for example, go from strength to strength in the next few years and continue to play better than one of the big six teams (e.g. Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool). Should they not then be in the ESL instead of that big six team?

Because they are clubs in London with a large international fan base? Leicester might have some in Thailand but that's probably it. It is clearly not chosen on merit.

I don't particularly like Leicester but I hope they beat Chelsea in the final.

• Thanks 1

I would follow this club if it was in divison 85 with amateur footballers. I think actually that part of football with fans in the stands is more appealing to me than all the super clubs leagues in the world.

Maybe this noise will create a change for the better.

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i do feel for the genuine fans of these clubs

it would be like your club going bust overnight

chelsea fans should be planning which pub they're drinking at for the cup final. instead some of them will be deciding which club they're going to support once this is done

Funny enough a few of my mates who are chelsea fans have said if this happens they will start following west ham

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The announcement was made 12 hours ago, they were probably asleep and on the way to training now. 

They have no press obligations until later today, pep and Smith will be tomorrow afternoon 

Unless it's some sort of deflection or tactic it's rare than managers randomly come out with statements, this will be no different 

Â