Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, villa4europe said:

Then they'll move the games to where the fans who do want to attend are... 

Good luck with that. If they think they will get 80k fans week in week out from fans outside the uk they really are stupid

I couldnt care less what happens if these clubs leave. I wont ever tune in or pay a penny to watch it.

Im sticking with english football whether thats with or without them.

It will be more exciting without them anyway.

remaining clubs can come together to make a stand against it. just as a start, i'd like them all to come out and say that they don't want their shirts being made by any company involved with the ESL

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I couldnt care less what happens if these clubs leave. I wont ever tune in or pay a penny to watch it.

It's funny, but like most Norwegians or foreigners I have a lot of friends supporting one of these clubs. And they are all saying the same thing, that for them it's about loving the English football. The entire league system, the culture. Thus a super liga just wouldn't be interesting.

I know the super league isn't about fans in Scandinavia or England, but other continents, but still. Says a lot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The amazing thing about this is football fans' delusion. Talk of boycotting etc. The owners of these clubs coiuldnt give two shits what British fans think of this move. If they did, they wouldnt have done it. All they care about is that fans around the world will pay to watch it and they will. What British fans do or dont do doesnt matter. They knew the reaction this would get and still did it so that should tell you all you need to know. Nothing fans do will change anything, did protests stop these owners buying the clubs? No. Fans dont matter and its about time people realised this.

I don't think there's any point in this kind of 'counsel of despair' approach. This announcement was phenomenally unpopular; politicians left right and centre are queueing up to denounce it, amongst others. There is no guarantee that anything positive will be done of course, but in life and in politics, there's nothing more disempowering than throwing your hands up and saying 'why would powerful people care what we think anyway'. 

• Like 2

The PL TV deal still lasts for a few years. That’s dependent on the league existing, not the teams within it. If the ingordigiousness 6 leave/get kicked out then the PL would still get the current deal for the time being - if those clubs went into administration or were found to be match fixing, for example, they could be relegated in those cases so it’s theoretically possible. The league would have to use this time to readjust to a potentially much worse TV deal next time to avoid clubs being bankrupted at that point.

But this assumes that the Super League will prove that popular to siphon of all the potential income from TV. Will it really, after a few years, have the same draw? Will it not be a stale competition of the same teams beating Arsenal week after week?

Onto the internationals: will players want to risk transferring to the clubs involved in the near future, with the risk that they won’t be involved in the upcoming Euros and World Cup? Will this be resolved before the transfer window?

I remember Newcastle fans selling their soul and happily supporting being taken over by a group directly linked with human rights issues.

I will respect the fans turning on their clubs. But a lot of them will not care as long this deal benefit their club.

Edited by villalad21

Our owners need to sell 51% of the shares to the fans like the Germans are doing. That way the fans have say in decisions. We have a great academy and good coaching staff who are more than able to keep this boat floating without taking money from super rich idiots.

Just now, magnkarl said:

Our owners need to sell 51% of the shares to the fans like the Germans are doing. That way the fans have say in decisions. We have a great academy and good coaching staff who are more than able to keep this boat floating without taking money from super rich idiots.

By the looks of it both Dortmund and Bayern will both be joining the SL

Just now, villalad21 said:

By the looks of it both Dortmund and Bayern will both be joining the SL

That needs to get through fan approval. No way that happens. The board at BM and Dortmund don't have the rights to make decisions like this without the fans agreeing.

3 minutes ago, AXD said:

The players however, keep going on that they miss the fans in the stand. 

This is a nice thought, but do you think the majority of players would care when they're earning half a million a week?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well until the moment that any good player would be bought from the 12 scabs .Like Grealish for example.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

That needs to get through fan approval. No way that happens. The board at BM and Dortmund don't have the rights to make decisions like this without the fans agreeing.

Men in power usually finds a way

Â