Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I know they won't do it but I hope the PL and other leagues take an incredibly firm stance and kick them out the league.

You think the PL don't care about the money?

Only reason they are against this isn't because of inequality. It's because they will lose out on their money pot.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You think the PL don't care about the money?

Only reason they are against this isn't because of inequality. It's because they will lose out on their money pot.

I know the PL care about money, hence my post stating "I know they won't do it but "

The British fans who aren't opposed to this are a disgrace. Football as a stadium experience will be finished, kick off times will be terrible to satisfy the wide audience. 11am kick at home to AC Milan on a Sunday. No thanks.

Strip their honours, and **** them off. Shameless words removed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I can't really see how the PL will cave and let them stay.

Oh they will let them stay. As it means more income for the league.

Don't be fooled and think the Premier League at all care about equality.

All they have done is empty threats to try and stop the Super League from happening so they will keep their money pot not because they care about fairness. Once the inevitable happens and the Super League goes through they will say thank you very much and still grab 5 % of the cake.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, Milfner said:

The British fans who aren't opposed to this are a disgrace. Football as a stadium experience will be finished, kick off times will be terrible to satisfy the wide audience. 11am kick at home to AC Milan on a Sunday. No thanks.

Strip their honours, and **** them off. Shameless words removed. 

In fairness I dont think i have seen many local fans of the 6 clubs online in support of it. A lot of angry Liverpool fans on social media as well

Trying to get my head round a lot of this. In terms of a part of it and how it might influence us. Would I be right in thinking that with the likes of Arsenal, Spurs etc struggling in the league now, crap in europe or not in Europe and struggling to compete financially, it's a way for them to make a ton of money and buy the best players, essentially pushing the likes of us, West Ham, Everton, Leicester etc back down the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Oh they will let them stay. As it means more income for the league.

Don't be fooled and think the Premier League at all care about equality.

Ultimately the PL are the 20 clubs. There is no way this gets through with 14 clubs opposed, surely

Just now, Zatman said:

Waiting for a manager or a player to be interviewed about this 

Someone like Klopp would surely be absolutely seething at the prospect of it I'm sure. 

• Like 1

The fact that Arsenal and Spurs gets invited into this is seriously pissing me off on so many levels.

Hilarious to watch them sell their souls on their social media accounts. They know they've hit the jackpot when they as clubs are in freefall.

I'm hoping a player from a "big" club comes out and say they will look to leave if this happens. Someone like Kane doing it would be glorious. Would never happen tho.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Like others I said I wonder if this is just them tipping their toe into the water. They know because of covid they will avoid all of those ugly protests etc from fans.

Having said that making a statement like this is a massive sign of intent and is almost crossing the Rubicon. The card has been marked.

The Premier League will have to oppose this on grounds of losing money rather than anything else/

If this happens either the Premier League will be pointless with 6 teams guaranteed qualification to a closed shop competition worth billions, or  a slightly better version than the Championship. That is not what the owners of Leicester, Everton,  and Villa bought the clubs for, and would wipe millions of any potential sale price for clubs like Newcastle, Palace or West Ham.

Â