Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Think it would actually be more enjoyable with lower quality players at the top table, no more rich clubs hoarding players. Could be a very entertaining and even league. 

Or even better - Villa would be the rich team.

• 1 month later...
On 17/03/2022 at 01:23, sne said:

Thing is if the big name clubs leaves the PL then so does the money. It'll become like Ligue 1 or a La Liga without the Madrid clubs and Barca. A much less sellable product.

Our owners might be up for spending their own money to keep a solid squad in a less glamorous version of the PL but the quality of player we could attract would be of a much lower quality.

I'm certain the likes of Newcastle will get in on the Super League if it happens and the clubs who don't jump on it will likely see their owners sell up. Ours might too.

It will break football completely but sadly not in the way that's needed. And that is the aim from Real Barceventus.

I dont know about that ! I quite like watching Championship football,as well as the play-offs.You dont get the same 4 teams year in year out,and the quality is good. Remember in the 80s/90s You had Manure,Forest,Villa,Blackburn, etc winning the league.Tho old Division 1 was much,much more interesting then.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont know about that ! I quite like watching Championship football,as well as the play-offs.You dont get the same 4 teams year in year out,and the quality is good. Remember in the 80s/90s You had Manure,Forest,Villa,Blackburn, etc winning the league.Tho old Division 1 was much,much more interesting then.

I agree but then I've gone beyond worrying about what they'd leave behind. They can all **** off as far as I am concerned. Aston Villa will continue and probably be a giant of what's left. 

Who can say they didn't enjoy the last 2 years of The Championship once we'd found our feet and were winning most weeks?  It's still football, pitting ourselves against the other team on the pitch. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I agree but then I've gone beyond worrying about what they'd leave behind. They can all **** off as far as I am concerned. Aston Villa will continue and probably be a giant of what's left. 

Who can say they didn't enjoy the last 2 years of The Championship once we'd found our feet and were winning most weeks?  It's still football, pitting ourselves against the other team on the pitch. 

And,it would be more of a level playing field as well.

17 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

This broke a year ago. Shame the clubs still weren't sufficiently punished

not only were they not sufficiently punished, but they're still trying to do it

only this time, UEFA are allowing it based on the new champions league rules

if chelsea/city/utd finish 5th, they would still qualify based on the new rules. so it's still the super league

• Thanks 1

IMHO.let them start their owne league.These teams,Man $ity,Liverpool,Barca,Real,Bayern,Dortmund etc etc are used to finishing in the top 2 EVERY season.With a super league,how often will this happen? I mean they ALL cant finish first or second every season like they have got used to doing. 

17 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO.let them start their owne league.These teams,Man $ity,Liverpool,Barca,Real,Bayern,Dortmund etc etc are used to finishing in the top 2 EVERY season.With a super league,how often will this happen? I mean they ALL cant finish first or second every season like they have got used to doing. 

Cartel, monies will be shared, trophies are a secondary concern, trophies do not matter anymore, bottom line is everything.

Â