Breakaway League

Jareth

Also lets remember this - unless your 1st or 2nd the rest of the league is pointless. No relegations or promotions where would the excitement be?

Finishing 4th will be no better than 10th.  Would get very boring very quickly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I believe the 20 premier league teams at present have an equal vote.  I believe certain clubs wanted more of a say on these votes last year.  They needed 14 teams to agree they failed.   So all clubs not involved in super league talks can carry a motion to deduct all those clubs points or kick them out.   It's pretty simple I expect Purslow to start the ball rolling.

Yes - but if they are leaving anyway any votes / resolutions to stop them would be meaningless.

I believe that in due course - with some concessions something very similar to today's proposals will happen.

It will actually keep happening with football elite effectively becoming exhibition matches in the long term.

I just hope football below this money industry survives.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yes - but if they are leaving anyway any votes / resolutions to stop them would be meaningless.

I believe that in due course - with some concessions something very similar to today's proposals will happen.

It will actually keep happening with football elite effectively becoming exhibition matches in the long term.

I just hope football below this money industry survives.

No they want to stay in the prem but play the super league rather than champions league.

Edited by S-Platt

Just now, nick76 said:

Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal are 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th

Juventus 4th

i wonder why they want a breakaway league? 🤔😂😂

You might be joking but you have a point. Wait another 5 years Liverpool won't be anywhere near it - that's why they want in now.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Interesting that Man City aren’t signatories to this, only 5 Premier League clubs are.

City are pally with Uefa, I'm assuming they knew this would be received like this and by not signing its a chance for good PR

• Thanks 1

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Deduct all PL points for this season and let them all fight it out for the relegation spaces.

words removed.

The 14 other clubs actually have the power to relegate or docks points as they see fit from any of the 5 clubs signed up to the breakaway franchise league.

• Like 1

Â