Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, sidcow said:

I agree.  We will have to cut our cloth accordingly but football will carry on, Aston Villa will carry on. It's not that far off being a closed shop at the very top anyway.

Leicester the one anomaly in 30 years. 

Liverpool as well ;)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not necessarily. He could earn just as much here, be a locked in starter for the England squad and be much more likely to play Champions league football.

He could leave of course but that would cost any "super" team (or Spurs) well over a hundred million quid.

No, given what the governing bodies have said I assume there could be no transactions between the two leagues and Jack would essentially be bound by his contract to us for the next four years.  Obviously he could refuse to play, sign for say Man City (because registration don’t need to transfer as it’s a separate competition) and then we just sue him for a gazillion pounds.  But it sounds like there would be no inter-competition transfers as UEFA, PL and FIFA wouldn’t recognise the new competition.

Just now, nick76 said:

No, given what the governing bodies have said I assume there could be no transactions between the two leagues and Jack would essentially be bound by his contract to us for the next four years.  Obviously he could refuse to play, sign for say Man City (because registration don’t need to transfer as it’s a separate competition) and then we just sue him for a gazillion pounds.  But it sounds like there would be no inter-competition transfers as UEFA, PL and FIFA wouldn’t recognise the new competition.

Even better! Lucky for him and us he is at a regular club rather than one of the expelled six! :)

• Like 1

not in the slightest bit concerned by any of this. the news has been released to test the water. now they've seen that it's been widely condemned, any plans will be shelved.

This is an almighty risk to join a league with only 6 other clubs that aren't part of the PL, I could have almost understood if all the big hitters around Europe were involved, but only 12 teams and none from Germany or France, this could be a huge mistake for the clubs involved.

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

This is an almighty risk to join a league with only 6 other clubs that aren't part of the PL, I could have almost understood if all the big hitters around Europe were involved, but only 12 teams and none from Germany or France, this could be a huge mistake for the clubs involved.

I think they will get at least one club from both France and Germany. Plus there will be 5 places up for grabs each year anyway. As soon as some clubs see the financial possibilities of getting in I’m sure certain owners won’t care.

I am surprised that West Ham’s owners haven’t tried to gatecrash this as they are a top 4 club and surely love this sort of thing.

Just now, Swerbs said:

Bayern & Dortmund won't be in it unless their fans vote for it.

The problem is that if this doesn't get stopped, they'll have to join if they want to keep their current status/income levels, as the Champions League revenue will dry up. The Dortmund CEO has already said that whilst they oppose it, they'll join if it becomes a reality.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I think they will get at least one club from both France and Germany. Plus there will be 5 places up for grabs each year anyway. As soon as some clubs see the financial possibilities of getting in I’m sure certain owners won’t care.

I am surprised that West Ham’s owners haven’t tried to gatecrash this as they are a top 4 club and surely love this sort of thing.

But the main German clubs are owned by fans aren’t they so they wont

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Three other clubs will be PSG, Bayern and Dortmund, as they'll be the permanent members, and then 5 invitation teams each season.

AC Milan as well maybe or Napoli

Â