Breakaway League

Jareth

19 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

lol. Gary Neville has had enough and would like to speak with the manager.

lulz
1041000146_download(57).gif.eea5f5e2da07391719628f7d7f5e707f.gif

I am no fan of Gary Neville "expertise" but its a good statement, cynical part of me thinks its because he owns a different team but still a good point from him

His dismissal of Spurs though :crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Haha 2

Just now, nick76 said:

So explain to me Arsenal and Spurs? Apart from being London, just seems bonkers they are in it.

I totally agree, which is why I only mentioned ManUre and Liverpool as being globally attractive.

Both Arsenal and Spudzzz are just minnows trying to mix it with the big boys. They deserve to be nowhere near this and have no credibility at all, amongst the likes of Barca, Real et al. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Perhaps. We'll see. I suspect there will be a lot of noise and a slightly tweaked format will come through to what we expect.

well the vote for Champions League changes is supposed to be this week. I think they floated this as the support for an upgraded Champions League is probably not getting much support

City haven’t signed up yet because they are about to win the league and they don’t want this to impact on that! As soon as they win it they’ll be onboard with this super league crap. 

Edited by Tayls

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Based on the 70s and 80s. 

It terms of football dominance I don't they are. They do have lots of friends and favourable media coverage though.

The madrid coach attack coverage soon got buried !

Outside there own supporters I think they are one of the most disliked clubs.

This is not about dominance in footballing terms but about getting the most revenue from paying customers across the world. Hence why they and Manure will be involved. 

they would sell millions of subscriptions each game, for which they’d get the majority of the revenue.

this has nothing to do with being the best team, but being the richest team.. 

Just now, romavillan said:

They've fundamentally misunderstood both football and what makes it great if they think a "league" without promotion and relegation is anything but a load of fake bollocks.

You only have to look at the MLS for proof. The lack of promotion and relegation as really hurt the saleability of that league to the rest of the world, despite some US clubs wanting to see it introduced. Sadly it's not common in American sports and I suspect that's what they are trying to do with this so called Super League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They've fundamentally misunderstood both football and what makes it great if they think a "league" without promotion and relegation is anything but a load of fake bollocks.

Exhibition football. (Effectively) 

• Like 2

i wouldnt be surprised if this whole drama is designed to ensure nobody calls out the Champions League changes that are due to be announced soon.

Feed them the "omg worst case scenario", and the fools wont bat an eyelid at the actual changes designed to keep the pigs at the trough.

• Like 3

Â