Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

15 of the 20 teams would be guaranteed a place forever. Where would the other 5 come from? I wouldn't be surprised if they said no more English teams as 7 out of 20 would be too many. The 5 teams would probably be the champions of Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Italy and a new all-star team from the MLS.

They could auction off slots each year and fill it up with Chinese and Middle Eastern teams with loads of dodgy money. Would fit the character and ethos of the league perfectly. 

Edited by blunther
  • Haha 1

Must admit I quite like G. Neville and agree with his words there.

It's crazy and sheer greed and he was correct to make the point that all these PL owners are not English and (mostly) have no understanding or concern of what the fans want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Considering Arsenal couldn't even beat Fulham at home, how are they even going to compete against the likes Barcelona, Madrid or Man City. They'll finish bottom every season. :crylaugh:

Yes but they ain't getting relegated and will earn ££££££ for the privilege. 

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Considering Arsenal couldn't even beat Fulham at home, how are they even going to compete against the likes Barcelona, Madrid or Man City. They'll finish bottom every season. :crylaugh:

The money they will receive will enable them to raid teams like Bayern Munich or the English champions and offer to quadruple their wages for playing a third of the games. They wouldn’t be uncompetitive for long. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The money they will receive will enable them to raid teams like Bayern Munich or the English champions and offer to quadruple their wages for playing a third of the games. They wouldn’t be uncompetitive for long. 

Aside from Man City, they've beaten all of the current top 7.

But yes, lol at not beating Fulham on the same day this all got announced.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Aside from Man City, they've beaten all of the current top 7.

But yes, lol at not beating Fulham on the same day this all got announced.

Liverpool have beaten them twice as well

I believe the 20 premier league teams at present have an equal vote.  I believe certain clubs wanted more of a say on these votes last year.  They needed 14 teams to agree they failed.   So all clubs not involved in super league talks can carry a motion to deduct all those clubs points or kick them out.   It's pretty simple I expect Purslow to start the ball rolling.

If I remember correctly most German clubs are partly owned by it's fans or something, believe it was a league rule or something. So I doubt Bayern will take any part in this so called Super League. Man City are almost certainly involved,  they just haven't announced it yet. 

On its own this wouldn't actually bother me. The premier League is the most boring ridduclous competition there is. 

It's the knock on effect - IE would our owners just up sticks and sell up.

Â