Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Interesting that Man City aren’t signatories to this, only 5 Premier League clubs are.

They don't need the money. It's the club's whose stock is likely to fall over the next few years who are pushing it Liverpool, Arsenal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

City are pally with Uefa, I'm assuming they knew this would be received like this and by not signing its a chance for good PR

Considering the rumour is that City are onboard with this Super League, just haven't announce it yet. We can only wait and see. I'd be surprised if they didn't jump onboard. 

It's gamesmanship.

They want more concessions from Uefa for the CL amendments. They leak this talk as leverage at the last minute, Uefa bend over to accommodate them, cycle goes round again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

The 14 other clubs actually have the power to relegate or docks points as they see fit from any of the 5 clubs signed up to the breakaway franchise league.

Id happily give the title to leicester or west ham

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

You might be joking but you have a point. Wait another 5 years Liverpool won't be anywhere near it - that's why they want in now.

I disagree, Liverpool like it or not are a world recognised brand. Even when they’re not winning things they attract a massive global fan base. 

they, along with ManUre will always be involved in proposed ‘elite’ leagues because they have a huge following. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I disagree, Liverpool like it or not are a world recognised brand. Even when they’re not winning things they attract a massive global fan base. 

Wonder how many of their international fans watched us smack 7 goals past them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It's gamesmanship.

They want more concessions from Uefa for the CL amendments. They leak this talk as leverage at the last minute, Uefa bend over to accommodate them, cycle goes round again.

I think that's the plan - but I really think they've misplayed it. They've bent UEFA too far and I think they've now caused a break - it's almost impossible for UEFA to offer more to these clubs - it's UEFA themselves that are under threat, this is a group that want to cut UEFA out of the money. I think the wheels might have come off the cycle.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It's gamesmanship.

What more concessions can they get? The bloated competition is to be even more bloated like  a 1977 Elvis.

Unless UEFA can magic up another massive tv contract I doubt they will be happy. Or change the rules to guarantee qualification for 12 teams I guess. Madness.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

You might be joking but you have a point. Wait another 5 years Liverpool won't be anywhere near it - that's why they want in now.

It’s crazy.....Arsenal and Spurs in it just blows my mind.

But yeah, the other big teams including Juve can see themselves losing power so it’s now or never.  The likes of Barca are doing it because they are a billion in debt.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They beat Liverpool in the League Cup

was on penalties and only Salah and Van Dijk played that are Liverpool starters. 3 of that Liverpool team are currently on loan away from Liverpool

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's the plan - but I really think they've misplayed it. They've bent UEFA too far and I think they've now caused a break - it's almost impossible for UEFA to offer more to these clubs - it's UEFA themselves that are under threat, this is a group that want to cut UEFA out of the money. I think the wheels might have come off the cycle.

Perhaps. We'll see. I suspect there will be a lot of noise and a slightly tweaked format will come through to what we expect.

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

they, along with ManUre will always be involved in proposed ‘elite’ leagues because they have a huge following. 

So explain to me Arsenal and Spurs? Apart from being London, just seems bonkers they are in it.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Based on the 70s and 80s. 

It terms of football dominance I don't they are. They do have lots of friends and favourable media coverage though.

The madrid coach attack coverage soon got buried !

Outside there own supporters I think they are one of the most disliked clubs.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What more concessions can they get? The bloated competition is to be even more bloated like  a 1977 Elvis.

Unless UEFA can magic up another massive tv contract I doubt they will be happy. Or change the rules to guarantee qualification for 12 teams I guess. Madness.

They want guaranteed revenue. They'll be asking for as close to guaranteed qualification as they can, or guaranteed money from Uefa.

Â