Breakaway League

Jareth

going to be an interesting few months. how are these teams going to sign players with the threat of expulsion/exile from FIFA competitions? staying close to home, if you're Jack and has ambitions of playing at the world cup, surely this boosts chances of keeping him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But the main German clubs are owned by fans aren’t they so they wont

Maybe the fans will vote for it if they see it as the only opportunity to get the sort of income that that they get from the current CL structure.

There are so many questions that need answering though in terms of domestic competitions. I have no idea what sort of knock on effect it will have on each league. Should be interesting at least.

Next they’ll be pushing to join the FA Cup at the quarter final stage to limit the number of games they have to play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

AC Milan as well maybe or Napoli

AC are already in the confirmed 12 teams. Napoli could join although not convinced... maybe Benfica, Porto, Ajax? Pretty big clubs as well. I don’t know how these sides are run so might not be possible for them. However Ajax I do associate with European football so, wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the mix. 

Edited by Tayls

Glazer actually has the nerve to reference the football pyramid in that statement. By doing this, there is no pyramid any more. Absolutely disgraceful words.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Glazed actually has the nerve to reference the football pyramid in that statement. By doing this, there is no pyramid any more. Absolutely disgraceful words.

no, come on, be fair, there's 5 spaces for teams to enter 'based on their achievements the previous season', lol

• Haha 2

i love the idea of a super league falling flat on its face with no decent players wanting to play for those teams due to not being able to represent their countries at world cups.

i do fear that despite neville winning the hearts of the nation with his rant earlier, that he, carragher etc will be in the studio when this all kicks off and slowly, everyone will buy into it and the PL will just become like the championship is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope the premier league kick the 6 out, **** them no fans want this even the 6 who are doing it don’t 

Will this mean the euro’s have none of these lot in it?

Edited by rbcuk
  • Thanks 1

Â