Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

Didn't deserve anything anyway. Two awful teams playing error strewn horrific antifootball with an absolute dirth of any quality. Newcastle arrive awful and still shaded it, least theirs was a intentional goal!

Watkins, worst game in a Villa shirt, couldn't hold a thing. ALL of the midfield horrific. Barkley just gets worse and worse, it's farscial. Defence, Konsa onky one any good. Mings made Newcastle look threatening from nothing. Elmo and Targett can't beat a man. Elmo can't defend either.

Wrong team too. Just awful, awful, awful.

Glad it was a Friday, can forget this and have a football free weekend. The drop off in form has been horrendous and statistically im sure we must be a relegation tea since the turn of the year. Season done, delighted we have the points we do so relegation off cards but surprised if another win this season. We have nothing about us.

• Like 2

That was a waste of a Friday night. I stopped watching around 65 mins as I had a nice piece of monkfish to eat for my tea. I’d rate Villa’s performance as 1 out of 10. The monkfish, scallops, sand fire and spinach, a definite 9 out of 10. 

That’s me done with football for this weekend. Have a good one all (sorry for the pun), don’t let this ruin your weekend. 

Did I miss something and the government opened up the airways for tourism as the players are already on the beach 

Mings got humiliated by Joelinton tonight , Watkins put in possibly the worst performance of a Villa player this season , MgGinn ,Luiz . Ramsey. El Ghazi  just strolling about.

the defeat to Sheff U was embarrassing, this draw was probably equals it in the  embarrassing stakes .

That Burnley defeat seems to have destroyed moral in the players , it can’t all be down to Jack being injured , can it ?

all about what we do in the summer now 

should add I thought the ref was very good tonight , don’t think he got a thing wrong and he didn’t make the game all about him 

i think i can openly say we have been really poor for half of the season now, our last 14 games is 15th to 17th level form......terrible.

Draw at Newcastle, loss to sheffield......

the last 14 games we have averaged 1.14 points a game........that over a season is 43/44 points...........we have been terrible for literally the entire last half of the season!

We are bloody lucky we had such an amazing start to the season.

A number of our players are just not good enough, regardless of the rose tinted glasses.

• Like 2

Lots of bed wetting going on. We weren't great, they were shit, poor game and should have got the 3 points. Poor game management to top off a poor performance. No need for the over reactions though, Barkley looked ok when he came on. Great pass to Watkins right side of the box, some nice passes and good vision. Some calm heads in the last 5 mins and we win that regardless of being off the boil. We knew we didn't have much of a squad and we're dealing with some injuries to key men. Let's not start saying we're shit when we've massively over achieved so far (again). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, regular_john said:

Fuming at the result. 15 seconds from a well deserved three points 😠

But...decent performance. We dominated the game start to finish. Just need a bit more quality going forwards and that could have been a cricket score.

We go again...

This is either fantastic satire or we just watched two different games.

• Like 1

I probably have my expectations completely out of sync with reality but that 'performance' was just jaw-droppingly horrendous.

Do we have any offensively minded coaches? 

Happy for old pal Bruce for his deserved point, that is how I sleep tonight.

Every podcast had this as a win, just like Sheffield it was never a banker, nothing is, in fact the bottom half is where you get the shocks.

We are not in a good place and without our bright start we are right down there. We will be lucky to finish in the top half. 
Jack’s agent must be able to secure him a £200k+ per week deal with Purslow easily in the summer.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

That was a waste of a Friday night. I stopped watching around 65 mins as I had a nice piece of monkfish to eat for my tea. I’d rate Villa’s performance as 1 out of 10. The monkfish, scallops, sand fire and spinach, a definite 9 out of 10. 

That’s me done with football for this weekend. Have a good one all (sorry for the pun), don’t let this ruin your weekend. 

I don't think your message will ruin my weekend, although Monkfish isn't usually very nice, unless you mean the Detective?

My review of the match.

El ghazi shot blocked.

Ramsey, sadly anonymous

Ollie not his best game but asking so much of him, so isolated at times.

Barkley, actually cost us the win(not including the misplaced passes , taking too long and getting tackled  and just lazily running back and pointing), 2 overloaded chances at breaks he was too slow or chose completely the wrong ball. 

Ref, shite, classic no one gets booked til the second half then everyone gets booked for one foul , how krafts or whatever his name is wasn't booked in the first half for totally blocking el ghazi I don't know.

Overall we were just very sloppy, nicked the winner and then gave the game away with some shocking play.

• Like 2

Â