Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think with Grealish in the team he's a brilliant left back. His form has definitely dipped without him... then I guess everyones has.

100% agree. It's really noticeable that Targett is less of a player without Jack 

That wasn’t a great performance and too many players not near where they can be. Konsa MOTM for me and I thought Mcginn was decent and Sanson made a real difference. El Ghazi was the only player that I believed could make something happen when he got on the ball, which is a shame. Watkins had his worst match for us and couldn’t make anything stick, which made a massive difference as we rely on him to bring others into play and he couldn’t. I think the team, without Jack, is better than they think they are without Jack. 

2 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Thought he was our best player tonight

I don’t but I want it to work. He needs to dig deep and find another gear, because I think it’s there. I think there are at least 3 midfielders in front of him at the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Jokeworthy.

I'm done with this useless lot, playets, coaches, manaher and all.

Not good enough to a man.

See you next season.

Are you a bit drunk or do you really hate the Playets and Manaher?

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Sadly I think they are trying, clearly Grealish is the oil in the machine and everyone gets added value when he plays, but Smith seems very slow to respond to issues but generally addresses them 4 months after they surface. We might be better come next season.

Deano has said himself we are ahead of where he thought we would be. He's playing the long game, he won't be happy with what's happening right now but he's the progression we have made 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's disappointing to watch Nick, I agree. 

It's like half of them are already on the beach.

I really dont see a team that are on the beach at all, in what respect anyway? Lack of effort?

What I see is a team that is over reliant on one player, has serious drop off in in quality of cover in key areas, and a manager who seemingly doesnt have a different plan.

I genuinely think we would have had these same few results in September or November if we had Grealish out then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I remember one sloppy backpass to someone who was about 30 yards from goal - don't remember the other 2, sorry.

His play to get El Ghazi through was nice, though.  He was basically at the centre of us doing anything of attacking note in the final 30 mins.

1 positive progressive pass, 3 gifted direct passes to Newcastle attackers. 

No tackle ( again) no challenges no running looks like he's in treacle and he slowed any break we had down to nothing.

Came in played great got injured and been a total waste of a shirt ever since. There are no excuses for such weak lame pathetic cowardice on the pitch.

Sanson got a yellow, he lost the ball in attack and followed the attacking player back 60 yards.

Look at our goal, nothing to do with barkley, luckily he had gone towards the touchline, possibly for another pie ? But ball in, watkins gets his goal and barkley not involved in it.

He offers nothing since his injury apart from helping the other team and disabling our team.

20 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

On the beach already and it's only March. The rest of our season is going to be dire

Yep. I’m cancelling my live football subscriptions, not watching anymore of this dross. We’re not going down, we’re not getting a European place. 

23 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Pathetic pieces of shit.

Sack them all

Garbage

Horseshot

One man team

No alternatives  to Jack, failing spackers

Pathetic especially the last word.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I’m struggling to get too upset about all of this.

All teams have poor form spells, we were in one before Jack was injured and now we’re missing the best player in the league.

We are still picking up draws, we are structured, our pizazz going forward will return soon - we are a bit predictable atm. We will finish on 55 ish points - a massive improvement and will set us up well to attract more players to edge us on next season. Some of our players have dramatically improved this year which is good news, our coaching is in a better place.

Let’s not get carried away with the poor spells just as we didn’t get carried away when we were flying at the start. 

This, this and this 10 times over 

Â