Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Season over really now. Our only realistic target is to remain in the top 10. Really disappointing.

Not really though as Jack should be back for next match!

• Haha 1

Shockingly careless with the ball, Watkins was awful beyond belief. Barkley did well when he came on - fair play - but pathetic across most of the team.

Should have pulled Watkins early and played Davis - it was obvious we needed to hold the ball up. Tactically bleeeeuuuuurrrrggghhhhhhhhhh !!!!

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Terrible game of football all round really. But whatever, our season is done. Doesn't really matter if we finish 15th or 9th I guess.  

I know what you’re saying but it definitely does and should matter. Still plenty to play for but we look spent.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

The point is, it's all very well beating Leeds, Liverpool etc, but if we look like a championship side against teams like Newcastle and Sheff Utd then it kind of defeats the object.

We have been poor and rely too much on Grealish.

Totally agree and can't really argue with that. Many things have made this year weird and odd football is just another one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

I wouldnt disagree, but some of the players are championship, or bottom third premier league.

Elmo

McGinn

Barkeley

Trez

El Ghazi

None of them bad, but squad players at best.

I agree with all except McGinn. 

13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We did not deserve to win that, neither did Newcastle.

That was one awful game of football!

I guess it was 'entertaining' in the way watching two drunk blokes wrestling outside a pub after closing time is 'entertaining'. There was absolutely no quality on the ball, that's for sure.

More annoying than the result is that I seem to have clicked on the wrong button and made Mings man on the match, which to be clear he absolutely wasn't. How did Joelinton have the better of him for strength?

So angry at Barkley's bad, lazy performance, genuinely a lost cause and I hate that we bring him on every game.

In the end, the draw was a fair result as you say.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

9th is of course much better than 15th for a number of reasons.

But right now they’re playing like they don’t care where they finish.

Sadly I think they are trying, clearly Grealish is the oil in the machine and everyone gets added value when he plays, but Smith seems very slow to respond to issues but generally addresses them 4 months after they surface. We might be better come next season.

I must be missing something because I am not seeing the Sanson love in at all. Didn't stand out in any way for me. As with every performance so far.

Just an average Joe who may or may not be playing. Not bad, not good. Just, meh......

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Â