Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

When McGinn chooses to play Ollie when we’re 4 on 1 there, you’re begging not to win. Even then, we could easily have cleared the ball before their chance. Just terrible decision making. 

We look like we need an international break and one rather significant return from injury. This was very hard to watch at times. 

• Like 1

Last seasons form. Lethargic, lack of movement, inten, leggy, tired, ball retention shocking. Jesus are we really being coached to 'just give it Jack!?' we need more intent in our play without him!

On the plus side, Konsa is class.

Didn't even deserve the point. But to throw it away with 30 seconds left on the clock is a joke.

We look absolutely clueless without Grealish; something I thought we had largely resolved over the last few transfer windows.

Martinez, Konsa, Cash and Grealish are currently the only players I would be happy with starting next season, everyone else is replaceable.

I don't want to see Elmo or Barkley in a Villa shirt again; shocking.

Our inconsistency is just gutting. I'd have taken this league position all day long at this stage, don't get me wrong, but just when it looks like we might push on and cement a top half finish we completely drop the ball.

Some work to do in the summer if we're going to be competitive on the occasions that we don't have Jack.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolute shit show.

A few games now we've looked like the team fighting to stay in the league.

Europe. Ha! Who are we kidding.

I think we look like a team that know they are safe and just half arsing it until their beach holiday.  So many sloppy decisions and misplaced passes.....just like most people at work at 4pm on a Friday afternoon....just so sloppy!

Edited by nick76

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We had a corner not given and then Bruce shot houses a goal from nothing. Robbed, but that’s what Bruce does.

Robbed?! We absolutely did not deserve to win that.

After Leeds we had a real chance to kick on and show we could do it without Jack. 2 points from 9 followed. We deserved nothing tonight. So wasteful after getting ahead. Absolutely fuming. Just sauntering about like the job was done. The warning was there, they hit the bar, had that pull pack after Joelinton got in, that clearance by Konsa. This was a depleted awful Newcastle team who played the better football in honesty. Feel sick, that properly Ruined the weekend. How long do we want on the ball? Guilty of it constantly, player in possession just standing static looking around to see whats on inviting an inevitable tackle and changeover of possession. Watkins, Mings had shockers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Didn't even deserve the point. But to throw it away with 30 seconds left on the clock is a joke.

We look absolutely clueless without Grealish; something I thought we had largely resolved over the last few transfer windows.

Martinez, Konsa, Cash and Grealish are currently the only players I would be happy with starting next season, everyone else is replaceable.

I don't want to see Elmo or Barkley in a Villa shirt again; shocking.

I think Targett is the best ball player in the team outside Grealish.

• Like 3

Can we have a restart and regroup as we look like we need it. Dare I say that the covid outbreak has affected us like the lockdown for Sheffield United last season. They've not recovered. It looks like we're finding it hard as well.

• Like 1

Â