Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I must be missing something because I am not seeing the Sanson love in at all. Didn't stand out in any way for me. As with every performance so far.

Just an average Joe who may or may not be playing. Not bad, not good. Just, meh......

I think we massively improved after he came on. Was really happy for Ramsey to start but didn’t do enough. Sanson was looking for the ball and getting involved a lot more

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Deano has said himself we are ahead of where he thought we would be. He's playing the long game, he won't be happy with what's happening right now but he's the progression we have made 

I don’t disagree, but that doesn’t diminish continual poor performances from the same squad after we were basically the best team in the prem in December. There is no league champion that rest on their first half season performance, because you have to be good consistently.

• Like 1

Some of the comments on here to night are laughable. Really, some of us should give our heads a wobble. OK, not a particularly good performance

but we didn't lose. OK  Newcastle are a poor team, but suddenly apparently everyone is crap and not worth the shirt. Hang on We are one season

from nearly being relegated and we are now safe with 12 games to go. We've been without a couple of our best players and have a dip from the

very high standards we've set and everyone is acting like this ( not everybody actually) Come support the lads and CALM DOWN

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Today wasn’t his fault.

Not entirely no but did you miss the 3 misplaced passes (2 of which nearly led to goals. Or did you notice him not even try to  track  back at all or ducking out of tackles?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I don’t disagree, but that doesn’t diminish continual poor performances from the same squad after we were basically the best team in the prem in December. There is no league champion that rest on their first half season performance, because you have to be good consistently.

Man City were shite at the start, look at em now. Totally agree though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think this. Elite athletes or not, Covid is serious shit.

We don't know who was ill, or how bad, and rightly so. But there are a few of them who look far less athletic than they were, and Barkley looks like he's still too injured to be playing but is having to for some reason.

Potentially we might be told more at the end of the season, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we were to hear that it had a huge impact.

I feared this at the time and recall getting ridiculed for saying so. 

We haven't been the same since covid. What a surprise....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got.to love McGinn straight up saying " We were rubbish "

The thing is, McGinn saying stuff like that deflects for his own performances, which are poor. Your comment of, “got to love McGinn”, goes to show this. I’d prefer he did the right things, rather than say popular things.

• Like 1

Just now, One For The Road said:

Other teams have had Covid too.

Not dismissing it, but it's not an ultimate excuse either.

A couple teams have actually picked up after a Covid break and pushed on.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

It's no accident that we've looked worse since the Covid stuff. 

It was on BT Sport we rarely win on BT Sport. If I recall correctly we have only won once when they cover the game. I blame them for everything, including Covid and the price of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. 

• Like 2

Â