Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

Zero positives to take from that. Horrendous all match, except for the back 4, then get a jammy goal and so useless can’t even see the game out.

I know people seem to not be allowed to criticise the manager. But we’ve spent the most money, net, of any club in all of Europe over the last 2 seasons. And arguably have one of the best players in Europe as well in Jack

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Did you not watch the game?

I did, and yes massive over reaction.

Villa fans, like so many others, think they must win every game. We are 100 times better than we were 12 months ago and we will improve further. That's just how I choose to look at each game at the moment. If we don't win I just think of where we were not that long ago. I don't need anymore negativity in my life 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we look like a team that know they are safe and just half arsing it until their beach holiday.  So many sloppy decisions and misplaced passes.....just like most people at work at 4pm on a Friday afternoon....just so sloppy!

It's disappointing to watch Nick, I agree. 

It's like half of them are already on the beach.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

What would you have done differently?

Well I'm questioning what is happening in training, why isn't he getting the best out of his players. It's been pretty pathetic for quite some time. 

I'm not suggesting to sack Smith but something needs to change. Can't always rely on Grealish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

I think Targett is the best ball player in the team outside Grealish.

I think with Grealish in the team he's a brilliant left back. His form has definitely dipped without him... then I guess everyones has.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Terrible game of football all round really. But whatever, our season is done. Doesn't really matter if we finish 15th or 9th I guess.  

9th is of course much better than 15th for a number of reasons.

But right now they’re playing like they don’t care where they finish.

Surprised their was any goals in that game, not great from either side. Should have seen the game out so gutted that we only got a point but in reality that is all we deserved. Konsa for me was our best player, his positioning is superb. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we look like a team that know they are safe and just half arsing it until their beach holiday.  So make sloppy decisions and misplaced passes.....just like most people at work at 4pm on a Friday afternoon....just so sloppy!

Yep, half hearted in challenges, lazy crossing, even our shots are tame efforts

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Barkley should have finished with two assists - can't blame him that the people he put through failed to score.

Should in that respect finished with 4 as a better team than newcastle would have used his awful defensive passes and loss of possession, and scored.

Shocking player. Send him back.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I did, and yes massive over reaction.

Villa fans, like so many others, think they must win every game. We are 100 times better than we were 12 months ago and we will improve further. That's just how I choose to look at each game at the moment. If we don't win I just think of where we were not that long ago. I don't need anymore negativity in my life 

The point is, it's all very well beating Leeds, Liverpool etc, but if we look like a championship side against teams like Newcastle and Sheff Utd then it kind of defeats the object.

We have been poor and rely too much on Grealish.

Just now, brummybloke said:

Which of his 3 direct passes to Newcastle to shoot did you like the most?

I remember one sloppy backpass to someone who was about 30 yards from goal - don't remember the other 2, sorry.

His play to get El Ghazi through was nice, though.  He was basically at the centre of us doing anything of attacking note in the final 30 mins.

• Like 1

Just now, supermon said:

Well I'm questioning what is happening in training, why isn't he getting the best out of his players. It's been pretty pathetic for quite some time. 

I'm not suggesting to sack Smith but something needs to change. Can't always rely on Grealish.

Smith is really just an average manager at best. We’re always poor without Grealish and again that hasn’t changed this season.

Newcastle are a awful team and we played arguably worse than them.

Just now, supermon said:

I wouldnt disagree, but some of the players are championship, or bottom third premier league.

Elmo

McGinn

Barkeley

Trez

El Ghazi

None of them bad, but squad players at best.

1 minute ago, dcdedi said:

Zero positives to take from that. Horrendous all match, except for the back 4, then get a jammy goal and so useless can’t even see the game out.

I know people seem to not be allowed to criticise the manager. But we’ve spent the most money, net, of any club in all of Europe over the last 2 seasons. And arguably have one of the best players in Europe as well in Jack

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

We've spent the most money but we've had to bring so many players in. At least we're safe this season. If we start like this next season then I'll be worried.

Â