Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Mings was awful.

Barkley should never play for us again. Ever. 

Sanson looked good. 

Ramsey does alright I think. He keeps up with the physicality and pace. Need to give him some time.

Thought Barkley was completely the wrong sub. No idea why he thought bringing on him was a good idea.

Barkley should have finished with two assists - can't blame him that the people he put through failed to score.

• Like 3

Just now, regular_john said:

Fuming at the result. 15 seconds from a well deserved three points 😠

But...decent performance. We dominated the game start to finish. Just need a bit more quality going forwards and that could have been a cricket score.

We go again...

How was it well deserved. We deserved as much as them, nothing. We are complete and utter cack.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

At least it cannot mask how **** terrible and contemptible our side is without Jack.

Barkley needs to be taken to the stables and shot. Trezeguet crap. Anwar crap. Ramsay crap. Watkins crap.

So many on our side just utter utter crap. **** off villa. The rest of.thr season is going to be a long slog of mediocrity where we finish miles.off.thr pace in 11th or 12th. Need to flog half this side asap

Imagine what you'd be like if you were really pissed off.

• Haha 2

A draw would have been a disappointing result to begin with, but to draw it in injury time after being seconds away from the win feels almost worse than a defeat. Very very poor performance, some get criticiized for calling us a one man team, but to be fair the results and performances when Grealish is out probably bear that out.

I fail to understand the attempt to " waste time " with 5 mins to go.

I'd have preferred us to try and get another goal as conceding was written all over.

That was poor.

Just glad we are safe.

Imagine turning up against an in form Tottenham like that?

Hopefully Cash at the very least will be back?

Sanson needs to start, Ollie might need a rest.

Bring him off the bench?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Mings was awful.

Barkley should never play for us again. Ever. 

Sanson looked good. 

Ramsey does alright I think. He keeps up with the physicality and pace. Need to give him some time.

Thought Barkley was completely the wrong sub. No idea why he thought bringing on him was a good idea.

Ramsey? It was being commented by loads on here at half time that Ramsey should come off because he looked lost....mate, think you watch a different match.

• Like 1

Christ what a load of shit.

Mings, McGinn, Barkley, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Ramsey, Watkins really really really poor.

I want Smith to put them away. For once.

We deserved no points. Newcastle deserved no points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Was that him getting out muscled for their goal?

I couldn't see and turned it off before they replayed it. A goal mouth scramble I wouldn't really blame anyone unless they didn't try.

Possibly the most inept display of football from barkley, since elmo v Sheffield utd.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Barkley should have finished with two assists - can't blame him that the people he put through failed to score.

He put them through too late. Both were probably also offside becuase again he waited too long to make the pass. 

• Like 3

Glad we started the season so strong. 2021 has been mostly shit. What's our identity without Jack? We looked devoid of ideas and impetus, like so many Villa teams of yesteryear. Not good enough. We need another summer overhaul. 

Â