Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

We still lack any real quality out wide

This is spot on. Our best wide player has been Watkins when he moves out there. I wonder if Dean is thinking of bringing

in a CF ie Tammy or Edouard or similar and playing Ollie wider

• Like 1

Should have been a 1-1 or 2-1 game really. Hit woodwork twice, Emi's made an unreal save.

I was pleased to see Sanson look bright on his first start. Think we missed him when he went off.

I don't think we actually played that badly, but you can really see as we pick up knocks and have to start using the squad, that the quality drops off quite quickly. Was just hard to see who was going to unlock their defence.

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I honestly thought Trez did well in the first half. He works so hard for the team. Thought he tired though maybe due to lack of time on the pitch.

I dont think working hard is enough for where we are right noe. Working hard should be a given. He has zero quality 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must have watched a different match.

I would have liked to vote Coady for Villa's man of the match. But a little more seriously ... 

Martinez ... excellent ... I don't like the way we bring out the ball from goal kick though.
Elmo ... had a really good game 
Konsa ... Solid 
Mings ... Man of the match for me
Targett ...  solid game ... Neto made him look slow on the break
McGinn ... not a bad game
Luiz ... OK but not back in form yet
Sanson ... good game
Traore ...  I thought he was a lot better than most here  ... seemed more defensively minded in this game
Trez ... He was OK
Watkins ...  excellent

Barkley ...  impact player but almost the wrong sort ... that back pass  ugh.

What I have noticed is Villa gives the opposition a lot of space. Villa don't seem to pressure the opposition like they do us.

Edited by fruitvilla
Forgot Luiz
  • Like 1

First and foremost, let’s celebrate.

We have achieved the magic number of 40 points and we are virtually safe and can start to think where we can go from here.

However, tonight’s performance puts firmly in perspective the mad talk that tv commentators are going in for, about how we are pushing for a Champions League place. I think I have about as much chance of holidaying on Mars this year as that happening.

We dominated in the first half but failed to score - with two massive slices of bad luck as we hit the bar twice. Wolves were very poor so it’s hard to judge how good we were. However, Sanson showed some nice touches.

In the second half we allowed ourselves to be pressed back and became increasingly ragged. We have Emi to thank for keeping us at 0-0 so he wins MOTM for me.

Watkins was consistently good but otherwise quite a lot of poor performances, too many to mention by name except I do wonder what had got Trezeguet so hyped up. That was a fairly bonkers performance. Lots of arm waving at their ref for no obvious reason.

In the end I felt glad we escaped with a 0-0 from a very poor quality match. Champions League? You’re having a laugh.

E9C670B8-3C02-4E90-86E6-E206F1BCB065.jpeg

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

This is spot on. Our best wide player has been Watkins when he moves out there. I wonder if Dean is thinking of bringing

in a CF ie Tammy or Edouard or similar and playing Ollie wider

If we bought 2 quality wingers, move on trez, and have a fit wes.jack could play no 10

• Like 2

A draw seems like a reasonable result. 

Watkins, Konza and Martinez were excellent. Mings and Targett had good games.

Barkley is hopeless and adds absolutely nothing. Luiz, disappointingly, has lost his way over the last number of games. Trezeguet does his best but is really not up to the task.

Davis, bless his heart, needs to forge a career in a lower division.

Sanson was good, deserves to keep his place. Ramsey had an impressive cameo, and needs to be starting every game.

Grealish and Cash badly missed; we need players in the summer to keep us moving forward.

• Like 1

Draw was faor reault. Two evenly matched sides.  I think the gap between us and them has evaporated 

Havevto say i thought kinsa was excellent and as was mcginn. Emi saved is thanks to some idiotic passing by barkley.

I think we’ll be looking at wide players again in the summer. It’s an area where we just can’t seem to get it right. Jack papers over the cracks. Take a look at Neto if you want to see how a wide player should be playing/performing.

A frustrating night, not because we necessarily deserved 3 points, but because I think if we’d scored in the first half we’d have gone on to win the match. Second half we were abysmal in truth. I thought Traore was really poor. 

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I sometimes wonder why some fans even bother supporting Villa. It’s just constant negativity. Brings me down sometimes lol. I must be nuts to keep coming back to it!

You are. We all are.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn't catch the match, but I read the match thread. Was a very upbeat bunch first half. Post match people are suicidal. I guess they don't remember the first half anymore. 

Yes first 20 minutes we were excellent. Problem was unlike Leeds and Arsenal we didn't get goal in first 10 minutes of which we've shown we can see out games this season.

Not sure what it is but every since Burnley away we've become really bad in second half of games, been a running theme for pretty much every game in last 6 weeks bar perhaps Leicester which we were chasing anyway.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we’ll be looking at wide players again in the summer. It’s an area where we just can’t seem to get it right. Jack papers over the cracks. Take a look at Neto if you want to see how a wide player should be playing/performing.

A frustrating night, not because we necessarily deserved 3 points, but because I think if we’d scored in the first half we’d have gone on to win the match. Second half we were abysmal in truth. I thought Traore was really poor. 

Neto is such a good player. If we signed him, Bissouma and St Maximin we would be a top 6 team

• Like 2

Â