Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/21 at 23:59

Most predictable nil-nil is nil-nil shocker.

I thought we were very good in the first half, full of energy and running - that side plus Grealish and Cash is very good indeed.

Second half we lost all our fluency and let Wolves have far too much of the ball - we nearly paid the price for that but luckily we have the best keeper in the league and Wolves don't put the ball in the net either.

I felt overall we edged it although the second half wasn't pretty - aa shame Konsa hadn't got his shooting boots with him.

Nothing to get too upset about, biggest thing for me is hoping Sanson is okay, because that midfield three works - it could be a problem solved.

• Like 4

I didn't think in modern day football there would be a player out there who couldn't tackle or challenge for the ball, then I saw Ross Barkley play for us.

I remember Scholes being shite at tackling but at least he occasionally tried.

Never seen 2 more completely opposite 45 minutes of football.

First half we were by far the better side, should've been 3 up or at the very least gone in with a 1 goal lead. As per usual we messed it up and well that 2nd half was quite frankly abysmal and ended up to be quite lucky not to lose. 

I love Watkins but his decision to pass to Traore was a joke. 

• Like 1

Back line was good, as was Ollie except for the usual playing on the wings vacating the middle where no one else is.

Which leaves the midfield and wide forwards.

Trez did his usual energetic job, Traore was abit anon, the midfield was average.

None of the subs made any difference.

There were some positives tho.

1. Sanson, McGinn and Luiz looks like a good midfield. Good balance there.

2. Another clean sheet. 

The decision to let Freddie go on loan whilst keeping Elmo is looking pretty stupid right now. Still so much work needed with this squad. 

Well I'm not overly disappointed as we got a point but..... 

No idea what's wrong with Barkley but on current form I hope we don't buy him in the summer.

Good defensively again but going forward we look a little light.  Not sure where Mcginn went in the second half and hope Sanson isn't injured. Missing Cash and Grealish...

I'm off to buy a nice lilac bubble jacket

Just now, the_eristic said:

First half let down by poor finishing and final balls.

Second half let down by midfield completely disappearing, no ability to retain the ball. Sanson injury that impactful?

well yes, we lost our shape without his energy. thought Sanson had a great game. we need all 3 midfielders to be high octane all game.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Poor. But could have easily won that. Things just not clicking for us going forward.

could have easily lost it too, the first and second halves were as about as opposite as you could get.

Good first half, non-existent second half, probably a bit lucky to get a point in the end given the two chances they had.

Martinez is world class but his kicking and general distribution seems to be regressing a bit and has been for some time I think.

Targett is developing into a quality left back.

With injuries and form issues I wonder if we might see Davis from the off next match (with Watkins on the wing)?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Most predictable nil-nil is nil-nil shocker.

I thought we were very good in the first half, full of energy and running - that side plus Grealish and Cash is very good indeed.

Second half we lost all our fluency and let Wolves have far too much of the ball - we nearly paid the price for that but luckily we have the best keeper in the league and Wolves don't put the ball in the net either.

I felt overall we edged it although the second half wasn't pretty - aa shame Konsa hadn't got his shooting boots with him.

Nothing to get too upset about, biggest thing for me is hoping Sanson is okay, because that midfield three works - it could be a problem solved.

It’s Villatalk. 

Fair result. As good as we were first half we were woeful, lerhargic second half. Konsa could have had 2 goals, us 3. Wolves 2 massive chances but Emi is just incredible. Konsa is just a sublime footballer as well as defender. 40 points, we made it, we're safe!!!

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Decent first half, poor second half.

Zero shots on target is simply not good enough when at home.

Plus point, we’re staying up. 

We did hit the woodwork twice but yeah, not enough of a threat in attack.

Â