Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/21 at 23:59

On 06/03/2021 at 19:30, UpTheVilla26 said:

1st half, decent and should been in front at HT. 

2nd half, Wolves were always gonna improve but the amount of time we gave the ball away when we had possession was ridiculous. 

Gave Watkins MOM just ahead of McGinn who seemed to tire last 20.

Barkley was useless again, nearly cost us a point and I wish he'd stop trying to pull off a frigging back heel at least once a game. 

its a poor trait of ours.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wolves are always stronger second half. Once Barkley came on we struggled with 10 men.  Still a point and another clean sheet against an apparently in form team so not the end of the world. 

well according to the form table, it was a good point.....but I watched the match and our ability to give the ball away, particularly in the second half was woeful.

we need to improve this front 6....with Watkins and Jack limiting it to 4

On 06/03/2021 at 19:33, Panto_Villan said:

I think having Grealish and Cash in that team would make a big difference tbh. We don't need a lot more players, we just need another couple that we can talk about in the same way as Martinez or Cash (or ideally like Grealish!)

we lose our rhythm without them.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:34, Junxs said:

I said in the pre-match thread, since the Covid outbreak we have forgotten how to play football.. that our tactics are just lump it forward whether that's Martinez or Mings.

For a moment in the first 20 minutes it felt like we rediscovered something, but after that it was back to lump it forward again. We really are an eyesore right now, with or without Grealish.

They got in our faces much more in the second half, they upped their intensity/energy.....enough said.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:47, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

What an awful game.

Is it me but has Luiz gone back big time?

The passing from the back is far too slow and pedestian.

Not that he is the answer, but Ramsey made a difference, and he was only on for 10 mins,

Traore was a disgrace.

I don't really know what he does....so passive.

I too thought Ramsey looked lively, when he came on....I think he will be a good kid, if he carries on progressing.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:50, Vive_La_Villa said:

I sometimes wonder why some fans even bother supporting Villa. It’s just constant negativity. Brings me down sometimes lol. I must be nuts to keep coming back to it!

or is it the game brings you down, like the second half....and the fans you blame, just confirm it.

you call it negative, some would call it realistic of even positive, meaning looking for improvement.

If you think that second half was ok.....that is negative.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

or is it the game brings you down, like the second half....and the fans you blame, just confirm it.

you call it negative, some would call it realistic of even positive, meaning looking for improvement.

If you think that second half was ok.....that is negative.

I thought second half was poor and I’ve said that a few times. I was talking about constant negativity of Aston Villa. Before the game, during the game, after the game. Some fans can never be happy, they can’t find anything to be positive about. As I said it’s just constant negativity and I find it draining. Constructive criticism is great. Constant doom and gloom I find draining. More fool me for continue to read those posts and even responding. I’m going to try not too. 

If you want to be that way carry on TRO. I’ll try and stay out of it mate.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

23 hours ago, bose said:

Meh not too bothered actually.

Second half was dreadful but we should have won it in the first half.

We have a VERY good core of top players in Martinez, Cash, Mings, Konsa, Targett, Grealish and Watkins. Solid players in Luiz, McGinn, Traore. 2-3 top additions this summer and we’re challenging the top six next season.

I don't really see them as solid...agree with the rest.....just my take.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought second half was poor and I’ve said that a few times. I was talking about constant negativity of Aston Villa. Before the game, during the game, after the game. Some fans can never be happy, they can’t find anything positive. As I said it’s just constant negativity. If you want to be that way carry on TRO. I’ll try and stay out of it mate.

I just comment on the games as I see them.

I don't want you to stay out of that....I enjoy, your comments,even if we don't agree on occasions.

Our front 6 right now has lost a bit of rhythm and belief.....its a good job the defence is competent.....14 clean sheets is stupendous at this level...Its a sure way to establish us in this division....40 points after 26 games is beyond our expectations, but.

We give the ball away far too easily and there are things the front 6 need to dramtically improve upon......Jack is clearly central to that....we need at least 1 or 2 new players, who are comfortable on the ball like jack and when the balls go in to them ,it sticks, like it does with Jack.

I honestly thought Barkley, would be one of those players, but I don't know where his form has gone.

We need some quality to join Jack and Ollie in that front 6.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im delighted with the season. It’s the constant negativity of some of the fans I can’t get my head around.  That second half was poor but we deserved a points against a good in form team. We are on 40 points and have 2 of our best players to return.  If it still feels like constant doom and gloom to people then I wonder why they bother.

The season has been beyond my expectations.....but this is the Aston Villa v Wolves  Ratings & Reactions thread...we need to concentrate on that.

On 06/03/2021 at 20:15, fruitvilla said:

I must have watched a different match.

I would have liked to vote Coady for Villa's man of the match. But a little more seriously ... 

Martinez ... excellent ... I don't like the way we bring out the ball from goal kick though.
Elmo ... had a really good game 
Konsa ... Solid 
Mings ... Man of the match for me
Targett ...  solid game ... Neto made him look slow on the break
McGinn ... not a bad game
Luiz ... OK but not back in form yet
Sanson ... good game
Traore ...  I thought he was a lot better than most here  ... seemed more defensively minded in this game
Trez ... He was OK
Watkins ...  excellent

Barkley ...  impact player but almost the wrong sort ... that back pass  ugh.

What I have noticed is Villa gives the opposition a lot of space. Villa don't seem to pressure the opposition like they do us.

yep.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I just comment on the games as I see them.

I don't want you to stay out of that....I enjoy, your comments,even if we don't agree on occasions.

Our front 6 right now has lost a bit of rhythm and belief.....its a good job the defence is competent.....14 clean sheets is stupendous at this level...Its a sure way to establish us in this division....40 points after 26 games is beyond our expectations, but.

We give the ball away far too easily and there are things the front 6 need to dramtically improve upon......Jack is clearly central to that....we need at least 1 or 2 new players, who are comfortable on the ball like jack and when the balls go in to them ,it sticks, like it does with Jack.

I honestly thought Barkley, would be one of those players, but I don't know where his form has gone.

We need some quality to join Jack and Ollie in that front 6.

My post wasn’t directed at you Tro or anybody that commented on the game.

Theres a few posters that post to wind up others and I took the bait. I’ve since added them to the ignore list.   I thought second half they were always going to have a spell of pressure. Unfortunately it got even worse by Barkley coming on and Traore failing to get in to the game.

We’ve come along way but we are no way near good enough to carry passengers. 1 or 2 of them and the rest of the team also suffer.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

The season has been beyond my expectations.....but this is the Aston Villa v Wolves  Ratings & Reactions thread...we need to concentrate on that.

So there’s not a single positive to take from that game? We didn’t get a point? We didn’t keep a clean sheet?  We shouldn’t have been 2-0 at half time?

The reactions after the game were like we just lost 3-0. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

23 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Neto is such a good player. If we signed him, Bissouma and St Maximin we would be a top 6 team

is there an emoji for licking lips?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So there’s not a single positive to take from that game? We didn’t get a point? We didn’t keep a clean sheet?  We shouldn’t have been 2-0 at half time?

The reactions after the game were like we just lost 3-0. 

Of course there are positives....The defence was excellent....Emi just goes on to double/Treble his fee.....I thought Ramsey looked better than against Sheff U.....Konsa just cements his consistency, to a point he is easy to take for granted....Mings has rediscovered his form, Targett dropped that poor performance against Sheff U......and the first half we looked threatening, while still not looking our bang on self, despite a great strike from Ollie.

I will leave the second half, to keep you on side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Of course there are positives....The defence was excellent....Emi just goes on to double/Treble his fee.....I thought Ramsey looked better than against Sheff U.....Konsa just cements his consistency, to a point he is easy to take for granted....Mings has rediscovered his form, Targett dropped that poor performance against Sheff U......and the first half we looked threatening, while still not looking our bang on self, despite a great strike from Ollie.

I will leave the second half, to keep you on side.

See not all doom and gloom is it? Take the first half in to next Friday and this time produce it for most of the game and we’ll get 3 points.  I’m sure we will win next week.

We’ve got 11 pages worth of material about that second half ;)

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

we lose our rhythm without them.

We've been poor for a while even with Cash and Grealish in the side.

1st half against Burnley is the last time we genuinely played really well. Our recent wins have mainly been ugly wins.

I think we've been somewhat found out with teams starting to double up on Jack and without him in the team we really have no outlet. 2 goals in 4 games without him speaks for itself.

Barkley was a really poor sub. We had lost the midfield battle when Sanson picked up a knock but when Barkley came on it got even worse and it went from Wolves getting more into the game to Wolves completely dominating.

I really don't know what the solution is without Jack. I think we are a bottom half team without him.

Edited by villalad21

23 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Unlucky in front of goal and lucky at the back.  Probably deserved a draw on balance.

That said, why we continue to drop deeper and deeper at the latter stages and cannot put two passes together, apart from hoofing the ball 40 yards down the line, is very frustrating to watch.

6/10 performance, Martinez and Watkins, Sari and Mings making up the majority of that score.

problem is.....most of the hoof balls went to them.....we give the ball away too much.

If the opposition haven't got the ball, what can they do.

They should have a bit of a wager between them selves.........who ever gives the ball way during a game ( unforced) pays £50 to Charity........or VT.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

See not all doom and gloom is it? Take the first half in to next Friday and this time produce it for most of the game and we’ll get 3 points.  I’m sure we will win next week.

We’ve got 11 pages worth of material about that second half ;)

but improving that and keeping the first half, is what drives us on to Improvement.

It could be worse.....we could be Liverpool fans......work that conundrum out.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We've been poor for a while even with Cash and Grealish in the side.

1st half against Burnley is the last time we genuinely played really well. Our recent wins have mainly been ugly wins.

I think we've been somewhat found out with teams starting to double up on Jack and without him in the team we really have no outlet. 2 goals in 4 games without him speaks for itself.

Barkley was a really poor sub. We had lost the midfield battle when Sanson picked up a knock but when Barkley came on it got even worse and it went from Wolves getting more into the game to Wolves completely dominating.

I really don't know what the solution is without Jack. I think we are a bottom half team without him.

I kinda know what you mean.

I think we need a few players who can resist the press and keep the ball under pressure.....Jack is one of the few who can..... we need a few more in the team that can.

We lose the ball and give it away benevolently......we need to improve on that....we bring or allow teams back in to a game too easily.

Â