Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

What an awful game.

Is it me but has Luiz gone back big time?

The passing from the back is far too slow and pedestian.

Not that he is the answer, but Ramsey made a difference, and he was only on for 10 mins,

Traore was a disgrace.

Why does he get a free ride on here. People having a go at Barkley and he was poor when he came on but what exactly did Traore do all game. One cross in the first half. 

Lots of average performances so i will ignore those and pick out the good and the bad.

Martinez . That save was only half of it . The best bit was him hugging Targett when he stopped a free header . A great goalkeeper and a great teammate . 

Sanson . Without being incredible he showed loads of energy and got around the pitch brilliantly. We looked worse when he came off .

Watkins . Brilliant . Really wierd to love a striker when he doesnt score or assist . But this kid is brilliant. Really don't know how he keeps going for the whole game. 

Traore was no good today. But if things don't come off then we can now see he will work for the team . 

Barkley . I don't feel confident whenever he is on the ball. Seems to lose it so often and make the wrong choices. He cannot press either which i think would be because of his heavy set physique . 

• Like 2

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Yes.martinez konsa, mings watkins walk into most premier league teams.

Grealish is champions league class he elevates us, he isnt us.

Jack's the glue that holds the team together, he's the heartbeat and he makes everybody around him 10% better. There are several teams who also have similar catalyst players so little surprise it doesn't look so good when he's out. 

• Like 1

In the first half I saw signs of us coming back to pre Covid form. As Kiwi has said Cash and The best player in the world in that team we win comfortably. 

Have to say very very impressed with Sanson his combinations with Luiz and Targett were good to watch. 

Nakamba

Luiz. Sanson.

Hmmm interesting.

Good first half, really should have won it early on. Second half was just ghastly, even if we should have won it again in injury time. Don’t really know what happened, but we’re certainly not very consistent at the moment. The first half was encouraging, though. That midfield works, that shape works. Jack and Matty in that team will be brilliant. I hope we don’t have to wait too long to see that. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I sometimes wonder why some fans even bother supporting VillaTalk. It’s just constant negativity. Brings me down sometimes lol. I must be nuts to keep coming back to it!

*Fixed

Bertie really needed to step up today with both Jack and Ghazi out, and he didn't. Trez is a great defensive wide player, love his enthusiasm, and he occasionally finds himself in good positions, but he's no more an attacking threat than Neil Taylor. Ross did nothing to aid our creative output when he came on either and losing Sanson's busyness handed control back to Wolves.

A point's not a bad result when our only attacking threat was our striker creating chances for himself, Ollie did give it a damn good go mind.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Traore and particularly trez were hopeless. Would have been nice to see a bit more bravery from smith to throw on JPB

I honestly thought Trez did well in the first half. He works so hard for the team. Thought he tired though maybe due to lack of time on the pitch.

19 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think having Grealish and Cash in that team would make a big difference tbh. We don't need a lot more players, we just need another couple that we can talk about in the same way as Martinez or Cash (or ideally like Grealish!)

We have a paper thin squad.  We don't want to always be 1 or 2 injuries away from a crisis.

I'd argue we have a reasonable first 11, and beyond that we are pretty poor.

I'd be looking for at least 4 to go into the starting 11 and then another 4 or 5 young players with more quality than our existing squad players.

We still lack any real quality out wide.  AEG and Trez need upgrading.  We still need more quality at CM.  We've no depth in defence at all, and no options up front.

As most have stated good first half but couldn’t handle a better press from Wolves in the 2nd.

Could have won and lost the game so a point I feel was a fair result.

Money spent in the summer will bring better forward players to Villa which are badly needed plus better cover at FB.

Impressed by Sanson and Villa’s performance level dropped significantly when he had to go off injured. One which will definitely be a player next season.

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I sometimes wonder why some fans even bother supporting Villa. It’s just constant negativity. Brings me down sometimes lol. I must be nuts to keep coming back to it!

A fair few trolls as well. 

• Like 3

Â