Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/21 at 23:59

35 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Unlucky in front of goal and lucky at the back.  Probably deserved a draw on balance.

That said, why we continue to drop deeper and deeper at the latter stages and cannot put two passes together, apart from hoofing the ball 40 yards down the line, is very frustrating to watch.

6/10 performance, Martinez and Watkins, Sari and Mings making up the majority of that score.

I keep asking, but haven't heard a good reason why this is happening?

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

That’s what made this match a bit odd. It was like we put out a different side second half with different personnel, tactics and confidence/mental attitude. And yet, weirdly, they were the same players.

I think we're looking at it so much from our side that we're neglecting what the opposition did.

Wolves have an uncanny ability to come out much better in the second half than the first half. Its why they won so many games from losing positions. I don't know what's the exact reason for this phenomena but viewed from this lens, we didn't really get worse in the second half. Its just wolves got a lot better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

What an awful game.

Is it me but has Luiz gone back big time?

The passing from the back is far too slow and pedestian.

Not that he is the answer, but Ramsey made a difference, and he was only on for 10 mins,

Traore was a disgrace.

It really wasn't an awful game and no-one was a disgrace. A point and a clean sheet against a side who finished 7th last season is not too bad

considering who was missing. There's no need to make that sort of comment about a player. We have had a more than acceptable 2nd season

with more to come. Be satisfied with the massive improvement we've made

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, skell said:

This is it. We are not far away. We.need a direct winger and another striker and a ball winning midfielder.   Anyone with pace who can get past a.man. harrison? Daniel James.not the best but attainable?

I think Daniel James would suit us perfectly, have thought this all season 👍🏻, my only thought now is whether there is some one better for a similar role?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, skell said:

Barkley, Luiz and Traore awful tonight

Traore was defensively strong, didn’t shirk not much in offence though, but he is defo not lazy, Luiz no chance was OK, Barkley had nothing around him when he arrived, no service into him either. He’s not blameless though.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Daniel James just comes off to me like a Trezeguet but with actual pace. Which is kind of nice, but I kind of want a winger who can do other footballing things wrll as well.

Sometimes you need just pace to get the ball up the pitch, he was on fire for Man U when he joined. Traore has skill and guile but isn’t a rocket.we do lack real pace on the break.

They missed 2 absolute sitters. I'd disagree.

We hit the wood work twice, keeper beaten. We had two very good saves. We dominated the first half, them second. That’s why it’s equal?

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We hit the wood work twice, keeper beaten. We had two very good saves. We dominated the first half, them second. That’s why it’s equal?

The first shot hit the bar and I feel like it was any lower, the keeper probably could've gotten a hand to it regardlessThe second shot is fair.

But I still think Saiss and Coady's chances were significantly better and by all rights they should've scored both chances. I wouldn't have said the same about any of our chances.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

The first shot hit the bar and I feel like it was any lower, the keeper probably could've gotten a hand to it regardlessThe second shot is fair.

But I still think Saiss and Coady's chances were significantly better and by all rights they should've scored both chances. I wouldn't have said the same about any of our chances.

Have you really watched Watkins shot? Patricio was absolutely nowhere need it! Konsa 2 misses were just as glaring as Wolves misses and of course they cleared off the line from Ollie at the end.

All in all a fair result

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Have you really watched Watkins shot? Patricio was absolutely nowhere need it! Konsa 2 misses were just as glaring as Wolves misses and of course they cleared off the line from Ollie at the end.

All in all a fair result

i did. I missed it actually so I went and looked at the highlights. Patricio could've gotten to it if it was any lower.

No, if you think Konsa's 2 misses were just as glaring as the Wolves miss I don't know what to tell you. It just wasn;t. The second shot especially. it was a good chance but no where near the sitters the Wolves players missed.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

i did. I missed it actually so I went and looked at the highlights. Patricio could've gotten to it.

No chance, it was past him before he had a chance to get a hand up to it. A foot lower and it was in

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

All in all a fair result

It's funny how people can see the match very differently.

Â