Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/21 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

I just don't understand what's gone wrong. We've stopped playing football

Key players out.

Grealish, Cash, AEG.

Players on the pitch who may not be prem quality

Davis, Trez , Ramsey  (they wouldn't get in many prem first 11's)

Plays in poor form

Traroe, Barkley.

...With the 11 we finished with we did well to hang on for a point

• Like 3

Deano won the first half, Nuno the second.

We are exactly where we think we are, a couple of players off challenging top 6 finish

Dougie too casual, I think we may have seen Marv on for him if no injuries.

Sanson looks good and the sooner he starts regularly with a midfield he can gel with the better.

Great defensive effort and our goalkeeper is biblically good.

Draw was the correct result.

• Like 1

I would have settled for a draw before game so not a surprising result.

Emi awesome as usual and have no doubt he got us the point

Sanson showed some nice skills and will be big for us next season

The traore experiment has failed...he offers us nothing at all

Barkley needs to go back to chelsea tonight and never wear the shirt again

Watkins needs to learn to be selfish..

2 new wingers please for next season..one's that have a footballing brain unlike trez...

Onwards towards friday and newcastle..who on paper with all the players they have out should be a villa win...but knowing villa..who knows?

After a positive 1st half we finish the game thankful of 1pt after an abysmal showing in the 2nd half. Completely out thought 2nd half, embarrassingly so. It was surely clear to 99.9% of ppl that we needed to win the ball in midfield, and that the player most likely to do that for us is Nakamba? Douglas Luiz is bang out of form, so is Ross Barkley. I don’t really care for the reasons why they are, I just care about giving the team the best chance. If Sanson has picked up a knock then replace him with Ramsey. The game is passing Luiz by, it was screaming for him to be replaced with Nakamba. Poor Keinan, he’s looking every bit a player being asked to do something he doesn’t do, and with no semblance of form or confidence to call on. Dean Smith has got plenty of credit in the bank, but my god he’s had a stinking couple of games. An awful coaching 2nd half where the game was played almost exclusively in Villa’s half. 

The joys of being a Villa supporter.

• We went from we are going to win this comfortably to glad to settle for a point!😀
  • A fair result over the 90 minutes and the sort of result you need to grind out now and again. There are a few soft defeats this season where a point was there for the taking and will make a difference at the end of the season.
  • On a positive note, I thought the midfield played well as a unit in the first half and could form a good platform for Jack to work from.
  • Another great performance from Emi and hence an easy man of the match
  • We desperately need another central forward option. I hope we get to see if Wes is that man before the end of the season
  • Ollie should had taken the shot but with his luck on the woodwork, perhaps he is not feeling it at the moment.
  • I hope the injuries to Tyrone (who played well) and Sanson are not too serious.

We get to do it all again on Friday. This one must be 3 points!

I know this has been said a million times but it's good to look at this result in context. Whilst the performance 2nd half was lacklustre, if someone had offered you 40 points by the start of March you would snapped their arm off.

I think 4-5 games ago there was talk of a push for Europe but it's clear that without the creativity of Grealish we aren't going to get there...just yet. Barkley had a near enough 'cameo role' to play for what was just over 30 mins or so but he doesn't appear to be an option for the long term and I will be shocked if we shelled out on him.

My biggest concern is the summer. We may consolidate this season which is great but we need to keep a hold of our core group of players as there will be other teams sniffing. Players like Grealish, Konsa, Cash, Mings, Watkins and Martinez are the spine and we need to keep  hold of them even if Europe isn't on the table for the start of next season.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wolves are always stronger second half. Once Barkley came on we struggled with 10 men.  Still a point and another clean sheet against an apparently in form team so not the end of the world. 

It's weird that I've been one of the more miserable bastards recently, but seems I'm much happier than alot on here tonight. Lol

• Like 1

Â