Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Adam2003 said:

He’s quality and will continue to improve is my prediction. Will we ever learn about writing people off after a season?

Hope you’re right mate and I’d really like to see that. I just don’t think it will happen for him here and he will feature a lot less next season.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen no even semi-reliable links to Watkins but if they really are looking at him this close to the start of the season they'll have to be paying stupid, double our money, kind of fees. Non-starter for both sides.

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

But... but... it's on the Birmingham Live website. 

Surely our local and respected paper wouldn't post clickbait?

I'd be more annoyed that someone is paid to regurgitate bollocks from around the net all day. People do it to a higher standard here for free.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

If they don't hit it off as a pair - the Jan window could be interesting for Ollie.

14 goals in his debut season, would have been a few more if VAR hadn't continually ruled his pubes offside. No chance we are shifting him unless it's huge money.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope you’re right mate and I’d really like to see that. I just don’t think it will happen for him here and he will feature a lot less next season.  Just my opinion. 

Zaha Bale Aubameyang Jesus Cavani Barnes Lingard Maddison Bowen

Equal for goal involvements with Traore who only played 2300 mins with no proper pre season and I think they've short changed him an assist with 6 as some credit 7 possibly won penalty not credited assist

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Equal for goal involvements with Traore who only played 2300 mins with no proper pre season and I think they've short changed him an assist with 6 as some credit 7 possibly won penalty not credited assist

Ok but how many of them players look like a Sunday league player in the games they don’t have a goal involvement?

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

14 goals in his debut season, would have been a few more if VAR hadn't continually ruled his pubes offside. No chance we are shifting him unless it's huge money.

Wait how do you know this minor detail, please get off you knees now 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's one long F'in name, I bet the commentators are going to hate announcing this new footballers firsts, middles and last names.

Commentator- 'i can't be arsed saying this players name as half time will of arrived before I'm done and those waiting for Love island to start will be delayed by 45 minutes'

Writing must be small on his new shirt this season.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

My issue with Dean Smith is I've never seen him adequately deal with Plan A not working. And basically Plan A was get the ball to HWSNBN.

This season is basically one big Plan B. So it's sink or swim time.

Could Terry be back by Christmas?!

I think with Greedish leaving it will actually allow DS to play the game how he wants it played, the over reliance on one player was a hinderence.

I'm looking forward to see what DS can really do, big big season for him now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

This is where I am at. First season in a very long time I am not stressing about relegation. I think we will struggle to get our new players up to speed but I jst dont see how this many good players can get relegated. Maybe if Martinez gets injured I guess.

There is half a dozen really bad teams too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Watkins is going nowhere, he’s our main man and only just getting started. Likewise Traore, I highly doubt we’d be looking to sell him after one season. I expect him to improve this season now he’s settled in. 

I'm never going to say a player is going nowhere again you just don't know, I think the Liverpool links are bullshit but if Kane leaves Spurs Levy will be all over Ollie and sometimes a bid is to good to turn down. Not that I'd like to see him leave at all.