Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Haven’t read much of the thread but love the fact that some posters hope that ‘Dean has seen the same as me ‘ he’s the head coach, you are a fan than thinks you know better, guess what you really don’t , that’s why he is head coach and you are typing on a fan forum.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

His goals ratio is woeful....something doesn't stack up for me.

is he a winger?   what type of forward has a goals record like him and plays for his country?

don't get it.

Just had a look at a YT video and he seems very similar to Jack. Wide left, great touch, can slow the play down and score the occasional goal. He's pretty much been a regular for Seville and Lazio the last 5 years. He must be decent! 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The problem is we can only start a game with 11 players. We are at risk of very quickly becoming a bloated squad. I am a little fearful we could return to the bad old days of having a bomb squad of highly paid players that not only don't get in the starting 11 but don't even see the bench. 

Any more forward players and surely El Ghazi is off. Trez is finished here as well I feel. Can't sell him obviously but don't see him having a future here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Any more forward players and surely El Ghazi is off. Trez is finished here as well I feel. Can't sell him obviously but don't see him having a future here. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we cut our losses on Traore either at the end of the season. He’s just too hit and miss. 

No rumours on any players going? 

We seem to be shit at selling players (aside from Jack!)

Surely some Championship team sees Hourihane as a good bet. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

If and its a huge if Correa is a target then i see him as a huge El Ghazi upgrade. He is press resistant and on his day can do those Jack runs from deep on toast. But he has played full seasons when fit for Sevilla and Lazio as someone else just said . He is a very very good player .  

Sad to say but we need that increase in quality in the squad now and we will have to start being merciless and sell those who arent up to it 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

We seem to shit as selling players (aside from Jack!)

I think he could end up back at Barnsley perhaps. He’d be a solid purchase for his old club. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If and its a huge if Correa is a target then i see him as a huge El Ghazi upgrade. He is press resistant and on his day can do those Jack runs from deep on toast. But he has played full seasons when fit for Sevilla and Lazio as someone else just said . He is a very very good player .  

Sad to say but we need that increase in quality in the squad now and we will have to start being merciless and sell those who arent up to it 

Can't see it happening to be honest, not sure who represents him but if there's any of the Guffrinas involved in it then they might be in it for the cash. Bent as ****. Would be a really stupid sporting decision but **** it, if it hurts Lazio I'm all for it ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, smg said:

Haven’t read much of the thread but love the fact that some posters hope that ‘Dean has seen the same as me ‘ he’s the head coach, you are a fan than thinks you know better, guess what you really don’t , that’s why he is head coach and you are typing on a fan forum.

Is this aimed at anyone in particular, or just an  " I fart in your general direction " type post? 

We were linked with Chieck Doucoure last summer, for what it's worth. It could be the agent/media plucking the same name out of the hat, or it could be another of those Sanson situations where it's second time lucky. 

Anguissa is a very interesting one. I didn't watch much of Fulham last season, but statistically he stands out as the type of player we should want. Good defensive numbers with the ability to carry the ball and pick a pass, oh and he's not a dwarf. Plus he has the Premier League experience we seem to be targeting this summer. In essence he sounds like a backup prize to Bissouma, which I am absolutely fine with if the price for the latter is £50m+.

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Plop looking at Watkins according to some rags

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Probably.

But i doubt they see his PL wages as a good bet.

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

14 goal involvements in 2300 mins. Goals home and away vs Manure and goal against Leicester and Chelsea. Total garbage. Get rid

Did I say he was total garbage?  Trez scored goals against Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Wolves and Chelsea.  Is he a top player?

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Plop looking at Watkins according to some rags

Lazy Liverpool Echo invented a story that because we signed Ings and Klopp raved about Watkins in 7-2 game they after him. Absolute invention of a rumour 

45 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

My issue with Dean Smith is I've never seen him adequately deal with Plan A not working. And basically Plan A was get the ball to HWSNBN.

This season is basically one big Plan B. So it's sink or swim time.

Could Terry be back by Christmas?!

If you have the weapon you use it. Now we don’t we’ll set up differently. I have no doubt we’ll be decent this year once we’re up to speed, although as has already been discussed our pre season has been shite. 

Without Jack I think a year of consolidation and similar position to last year beckons, before we really see what a properly assembled squad is capable of. I’m happy to be in the mix and competing in the PL again at the moment. These are good times to be a Villa fan, last two weeks notwithstanding.