Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

29 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

On another note looks like Thierry Small is wanting to come home to Villa. A villa fan from Solihull and mega highly rated by Everton who have had him since 11. 17 on August 1st and could easily come in as no 2 left back as he is incredibly strong already

Small Bailey please ! 

IF we were to sign Leon Bailey then i would assume we wouldn’t be signing a CM/AM and play maybe JG Or buendia there instead.. so it would probably look like this.

Watkins

Buendia                             Bailey
                Grealish                  
                                 Mcginn  

More or less this but interesting development and then would we still sign Julian Alvarez. 

Well now. Interesting.

Doesn't Jack allegedly see his best position as being #10?

Could be that we've changed tack after failing to get ESR and decided our best chance of keeping Jack is to let him play AMC and bring in the likes of Bailey instead...

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It wasn't directed at you, Jas.  It's a perception we all need to change.  It's common media bias that when a black player spends money on nice things it must mean he's a troublemaker, not committed to football, or will be some kind of disruptive presence in the dressing room.  Raheem Sterling has been pretty outspoken about this in the past and used these two stories below about a couple of his young teammates as examples.  Both bought nice houses for their mums, but Adarabioyo is painted in a bad light while Foden looks like he's doing a noble thing. 

Composite of Daily Mail articles featuring Tosin Adarabioyo and Phil Foden highlighted by Raheem Sterling

Mate, it certainly does not apply to me. I don’t have that view, and just surprised you brought it up but I don’t necessarily disagree with what you’ve brought up.

I only brought up the question on Bailey as I’m not familiar with the player but noticed that he seems to enjoy the luxuries…

Again, not a problem if he’s performing and contributing on the pitch. His figures last season suggest so. 

It’s just that we have been known to target players with the right personalities and avoiding potentially disruptive players or taking risks in that manner… nothing to do with race…

Regardless of race, there are plenty of players and former players that have had poor attitudes or ruined their careers by being consumed by luxury, over indulgence, gambling alcohol etc.

We’ve had our fair share (Ireland, McCormack just to name two - and they’re white, two of our worst signings ever).

Sorry, I just didn’t expect to get into this kind of debate. 

Let’s continue to enjoy our transfer activity…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Does he have a good attitude? Seems to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle…

As long as he does the business on the pitch…

In other words, does he fit in with our “good personalities” transfer strategy?

See:  Jack Grealish and John McGinn

Manchester United target Jack Grealish posts holiday snap with Aston Villa  team-mate John McGinn | Daily Mail Online