Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Or Buendia.

Bailey will not play through the middle I'd imagine as he is very much about pace. Would love this signing (as long as it's not a replacement for Jack) as we lack pace and directness and Bailey would add this in abundance.

Jack would have to play CAM if Bailey is LW, therefore Buendia RW.

Unless Bailey is better or just as good on the right?

Oooh.. decisions decisions 🤣

• Like 1

On a potentially related note to the Bailey rumor his current club Bayer Leverkusen has just signed Brügge CB  Odilon Kossounou for a cool €28m meaning they might want to bring in some money :detect:

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

100%.

If we’ve seen all our business this window (and I don’t think we have by any means), I would be concerned.

We’ll have a bunch of hyper talented passengers up front, but won’t be able to win the ball or get it to them.

That is my concern.

We seen the perfect example against Italy, where their midfield dominated the ball and we just retreated away from them, conceding the initiative in the game.....Midfield is crucial to get right, to challenge for Europe.

We had one of europes best strikers in Harry Kane, but failed to feed him with quality ball.....only Jacks quality, was able to get him going.....I think in the club Euro cup, Kante was sublime and Jorginho & Mount was instrumental in their win.

We have to get this midfield improved.

Just now, TRO said:

That is my concern.

We seen the perfect example against Italy, where their midfield dominated the ball and we just retreated away from them, conceding the initiative in the game.....Midfield is crucial to get right, to challenge for Europe.

We had one of europes best strikers in Harry Kane, but failed to feed him with quality ball.....only Jacks quality, was able to get him going.....I think in the club Euro cup, Kante was sublime and Jorginho & Mount was instrumental in their win.

We have to get this midfield improved.

We may yet do that TRO… 

Bringing in a winger or attacker does not rule that out…plenty of time and deals to work on and not necessarily in order of priority…

• Like 1

Just now, Wes said:

One interesting tidbit in the Mail article is that "the club are willing to listen to offers for El Ghazi".

10 goals in 28 Premier League matches last season, I hope not. He’s so much better on the left than the right but if Smith thinks we have someone better coming in to replace him, I trust him fully 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep

so

Ollie

Jack.         Buendia.         Bailey

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

I think you'd see Jack and Buendia swapped there.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Jack would have to play CAM if Bailey is LW, therefore Buendia RW.

Unless Bailey is better or just as good on the right?

Oooh.. decisions decisions 🤣

A quick look shows that Bailey has played pretty evenly on both flanks at Leverkusen. A bit more on the left as a whole but much more on the right if you look at last season in isolation. Not something I already knew of course, had to transfermarkt it :D 

With the pace he would add it be a rather terrifying front 4 with him, Grealish and Buendia all interchanging position and Watkins constantly moving and putting pressure. Would be a fantastic signing.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

10 goals in 28 Premier League matches last season, I hope not. He’s so much better on the left than the right but if Smith thinks we have someone better coming in to replace him, I trust him fully 

not will 'o' the wisp enough, too rigid.....can't twist and turn like Morley did or Ashley Young.

I have never really seen him as a winger, but hey ho.

good player on his game, good shot on him, and reads the play quite well, but can't beat a man often enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

A quick look shows that Bailey has played pretty evenly on both flanks at Leverkusen. A bit more on the left as a whole but much more on the right if you look at last season in isolation. Not something I already knew of course, had to transfermarkt it :D 

With the pace he would add it be a rather terrifying front 4 with him, Grealish and Buendia all interchanging position and Watkins constantly moving and putting pressure. Would be a fantastic signing.

Season 3 Reaction GIF by The Simpsons
Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Cartoon Diabolical Laughing GIF
The Joker Lol GIF

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

• Like 1