Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Cantwell is a very good player and wouldn't be a bad signing at all, especially if he's available at a cut price because of having only one year left on his contract. I have to wonder if those reacting so negatively to the link have seen him play much, last season he was one of the best players in the championship and he was decent the season before in the Premier league, it kind of seems people see other people being negative about him and just going along with it, there also seems to be an element of him being underrated because he's English and plays for an unfashionable club, see also Will Hughes at Watford and McNeill at Burnley.

I only watched Norwich once last season and Cantwell and Buendia destroyed the oppo and were 5-0 up after half an hour or something daft.  If they have a good understanding then I can see the positives.  Obviously we are going for much more ambitious signings but Cantwell would be a good option if we don't get the likes of Smith Rowe or Bailey.

I like Cantwell a lot, it just seems like if we sign two of Norwich’s attack then we can’t offer THAT much more than Norwich did… if that makes sense… I know the other players are a hole in that logic!

We’ve gone from discussing and getting excited about a player like Bailey…

to Todd ******* Cantwell

🤦‍♂️

When we fall for crap and baseless rumours regarding players like Winks, Alli & Cantwell…

it feels like we are holding ourselves back…

Teams that are trying to be and are managing to be successful don’t discuss or target lower level players like that… you don’t see them linked to such players so why should we settle for links like that? 

We need to set our sights higher and align ourselves with the vision of the club.

We’ve signed a player of immense quality and creativity in Buendia, are being linked to an outstanding talent like Bailey, linked to a potential star in Alvarez (at only 20, called up to the Argentina squad and seen as their future), we signed a highly rated French midfielder (who many are writing off before he’s barely even played for us), a maverick talent in Traore, one of the best goalkeepers around and now Argentina’s no. 1, one of the most promising, determined and tireless strikers around…

and we talk about Todd ******* Cantwell

🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’ve been out the loop for a few days as I’ve been busy dealing with stuff….

Where has this Leon Bailey stuff for 30m come from? That would be awesome business.

Reports from Daily Mail and a couple of different reporters today, confirmed by Ashley Preece and a “liked tweet” from John Percy…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

AEG has 2 years left on his contract, do we offer him a new and improved one, let him wind down his contract (as we would have done under old regimes, and then lose him for next to nothing), or sell him now, when his transfer value is as high as it will ever get.

So assuming the answer is sell him, we need a ready made replacement, as in a player that could come in and do a shift for a run of games, if needed, but not expecting to consistently appear for the 1st team.

Maybe buy a young player, who has potential, is happy not to be in the first team (initially) and see where his progression takes him.  We don’t want to lose money on him, so maybe get someone in the last year of their contract so they are extra cheap.

Cantwell would appear to be the clubs selection for this role, also his experience makes him low risk.

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Reports from Daily Mail and a couple of different reporters today, confirmed by Ashley Preece and a “liked tweet” from John Percy…

Wet promising then as rumours go, seems too cheap for him. I’m one of Grealish or Bailey or Buendia would surely have to play as a 10 I can’t see them on the bench regularly.

Just now, paul514 said:

Wet promising then as rumours go, seems too cheap for him. I’m one of Grealish or Bailey or Buendia would surely have to play as a 10 I can’t see them on the bench regularly.

Bailey predominantly plays on the left but is versatile… Jack may well play as CAM.

Or Jack left, Buendia CAM, Bailey right…

They can play where they want 😆

Them 3 & Ollie would have defenders pissing their pants… I would almost feel sorry for them 🤣

Relentless pressure and attacking talent…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Bailey predominantly plays on the left but is versatile… Jack may well play as CAM.

Or Jack left, Buendia CAM, Bailey right…

They can play where they want 😆

Them 3 & Ollie would have defenders pissing their pants… I would almost feel sorry for them 🤣

Relentless pressure and attacking talent…

If we can stop them running through the double pivot and the back line performs as well this season as last, that is a team that will finish a few places higher.

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Doesn't make sense for Norwich to sell Cantwell. 

This won't happen. 

He is apparently out of contract next summer and isnt signing a new one

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

If we can stop them running through the double pivot and the back line performs as well this season as last, that is a team that will finish a few places higher.

Indeed…

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is apparently out of contract next summer and isnt signing a new one

You'd think they'd want to hold onto him until January. Rashuca alone ain't gonna cut it.