Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Jack on the right?

No GIF

That would put Jack in the centre and Buendia on the left, based on your lineup.

Buendia will definitely be on the left. no way he plays in the middle. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

That would put Jack in the centre and Buendia on the left, based on your lineup.

Jack will not play on the right, will be less effective. LW or CAM.

Either Buendia plays on the right (his usual position) or Bailey will…

Buendia can thrive as a CAM too…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Bailey looks like a better Rashica….

spacer.png

Honestly, I watched a fair bit of Bundesliga before last season and I wasn't that impressed with him. He often seemed to lack end product and was a bit immature (got 3 red cards in one season, I think). I rated Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby (similar type of player) much higher at the time.

However, I didn't watch any/very little Bundesliga last season and it seems he's just comfortably had his best season so far and now seems to have overtaken Diaby. I can't really comment on this season as I haven't seen him play but it definitely looks like he's fulfilled his potential more than he did in previous seasons.

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Buendia will play on the right or central. The one place I think he definitely won’t play is on the left.

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Jack will not play on the right, will be less effective. LW or CAM.

Either Buendia plays on the right (his usual position) or Bailey will…

Buendia can thrive as a CAM too…

We would have Bailey or Jack who could play on the left. Jack and Buendia who could play central. Buendia and Bailey who could play on the right. And that’s without even thinking about Traore, AEG, Young or Carney and other youth.

I’m actually perfectly happy with our attacking midfield now but the above would be a pretty exceptional lineup.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think I’d briefer Bailey to ESR anyway, more pace and goal threat is needed and a player who can make more of an (immediate) impact… plus the price would probably be lower?

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Holy ball bags, is this actually legit, who is the Tom Collomosse guy and is he reliable?

Very good on London-based stuff over the years (Evening Standard) - no idea of overall transfer rumour success or of his sources etc but he’s not one to just make stuff up based on nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Honestly, I watched a fair bit of Bundesliga before last season and I wasn't that impressed with him. He often seemed to lack end product and was a bit immature (got 3 red cards in one season, I think). I rated Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby (similar type of player) much higher at the time.

However, I didn't watch any/very little Bundesliga last season and it seems he's just comfortably had his best season so far and now seems to have overtaken Diaby. I can't really comment on this season as I haven't seen him play but it definitely looks like he's fulfilled his potential more than he did in previous seasons.

Does he have a good attitude? Seems to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle…

As long as he does the business on the pitch…

In other words, does he fit in with our “good personalities” transfer strategy?

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Very good on London-based stuff over the years (Evening Standard) - no idea of overall transfer rumour success or of his sources etc but he’s not one to just make stuff up based on nothing. 

EXCITED Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

reckon we'll have  a season of sancho/ bailey comparisons if he signs.

but 15 goals and 11 assists is an incredible season by anyones standards

Bailey FTW!