Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

No to Cantwell (hopefully it’s just BS)

no crap players or tw*ts please

Let’s continue with the calibre of players such as Bailey & Buendia please…

that’s how we improve, progress and begin to realise our ambitions…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wait What Reaction GIF by Willie Jones

Trying not to be too harsh but just dont our squad flooded with players in one area of the pitch that arent cutting the mustard, im open to give Sanson a little bit more time but id rather give Carney that cameo when needed, Wesley i have many doubts i could give him time too but id rather someone like Alvarez more all rounded.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yes id be very impressed if we sealed that deal huge step up in quality and it looks like we are not playing any games as a club and will aim for a top six finish.. Had one fan arguing telling me that a top 8 finish is the aim and that was set out by the club... I quickly disagreed and it appears alot of our own fans are not able to process how huge we are actually planning to rise as a club.

I can say with certainty its top six we are aiming for, Despite what many think is too high of an ambition but AVFC are moving with Serious intent and now most football fans are starting to recognise this and look at the club as a huge threat...Owners are extremely ambitious and trying to push the club amongst the Elite... NSWE mean serious business

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

I agree and i think we need to get rid of one Wes and bring in Alvarez, get rid of sanson too

Get rid of Sanson, he’s only just come in.

Get rid of Wes who cost us over 20m, nobody is going to buy a player that’s been out for 18 months and so you don’t throw your investment away.  You don’t know how he’s going to come back, he could struggle but he could also be great now he’s had time to settle and adapt in the UK.

44 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yes id be very impressed if we sealed that deal huge step up in quality and it looks like we are not playing any games as a club and will aim for a top six finish.. Had one fan arguing telling me that a top 8 finish is the aim and that was set out by the club... I quickly disagreed and it appears alot of our own fans are not able to process how huge we are actually planning to rise as a club.

I can say with certainty its top six we are aiming for, Despite what many think is too high of an ambition but AVFC are moving with Serious intent and now most football fans are starting to recognise this and look at the club as a huge threat...Owners are extremely ambitious and trying to push the club amongst the Elite... NSWE mean serious business

Nah most other fans think we are only buying because they think we are selling Grealish.  They just see us as a midtable team and no real threat at the moment and about to lose our star player in their minds.

58 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Trying not to be too harsh but just dont our squad flooded with players in one area of the pitch that arent cutting the mustard, im open to give Sanson a little bit more time but id rather give Carney that cameo when needed, Wesley i have many doubts i could give him time too but id rather someone like Alvarez more all rounded.

Doesn't Alvarez play primarily on the right?

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Cantwell isn’t **** and he’s beautiful, I’d take him here

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

With Trez out for a large chunk of the season, even with the addition of Bailey I think AEG stays, unless we really trust some of the kids to come through fairly quickly or we make another wide forward addition. You’re right though, now could be the optimism to sell him. 

If we need Trez when he is back to full fitness, then things haven't gone anywhere as well as we are all hoping they will.  AEG is at his peak and I'd cash in if the squad could take it.

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Cantwell isn’t **** and he’s beautiful, I’d take him here

Not sure what his looks have to do with it but definitely don’t want him here for his footballing ability.

• Like 2

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

If we need Trez when he is back to full fitness, then things haven't gone anywhere as well as we are all hoping they will.  AEG is at his peak and I'd cash in if the squad could take it.

10 goals in 28 league matches last season for El Ghazi, he’s so underrated. We played him on the right for so long, he’s so much better on the left

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

10 goals in 28 league matches last season for El Ghazi, he’s so underrated. We played him on the right for so long, he’s so much better on the left

Don't get me wrong I'm quite fond of him but all I'm saying is if the complete squad shapes up enough that he doesn't get a sniff, then now is prime time value wise.

If we only add one more wide AM then im Keeping him, all depends on the business we do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t disagree that AEG has done well, but at the same time if we can upgrade on him and sell him while he’s possibly at his peak, then that would be a good move in my opinion. I don’t think he can significantly improve going forwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

We didn’t pay what was viewed as a bargain, yet still significant, fee for a highly rated player who has barely played for us to just offload him…

It’s really annoying me, there have been quite a few people writing him off and/or not willing to give him a chance to stake a claim here.

It’s embarrassing and ridiculous…

What time has he had? He came in, in January, in what was a struggling team then picked up injuries and knocks and needed time to adjust and settle… 

He didn’t join us at the start of the season or have a preseason…

We make ourselves look silly when we write off players or try to be “ruthless” with them…

The squad is quite light and we aren’t carrying anyone that cannot make any contribution… comments like these just smells of unnecessary negativity again.

We have room for additions…

Sanson could turn out to be one of our best players this season and make that CM spot his own… we won’t know unless we give him a chance!

🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Don't get me wrong I'm quite fond of him but all I'm saying is if the complete squad shapes up enough that he doesn't get a sniff, then now is prime time value wise.

If we only add one more wide AM then im Keeping him, all depends on the business we do.

I think he’s an excellent player, we shouldn’t be looking to move him on in my opinion, we’d regret it