Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Cantwell isn’t **** and he’s beautiful, I’d take him here

Pardon my French, but I don’t give a shit whether you think he’s beautiful or whatever…

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Pardon my French, but I don’t give a shit whether you think he’s beautiful or whatever…

We are on a football forum to express opinions, I just added my 2 cents, sorry for expressing an opinion 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s an excellent player, we shouldn’t be looking to move him on in my opinion, we’d regret it

I'm one of AEG's biggest defenders on here. If we replaced him with Alvarez or someone of that ilk then I'm all for it. For someone like Cantwell £20m+ (?)or McNeil who would cost £30m+ then there's no point. 

Personally I'd keep him let his contract run out then let him go. Unless he improves again. Admittedly game time for him will be difficult especially if we bring in Bailey.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s an excellent player, we shouldn’t be looking to move him on in my opinion, we’d regret it

Maybe SGC but as Dave said, I think he's at his peak and I want players that Pep and Tuchel are going to have to mention to their players that this guy can cause us a lot of problems, the big4 need to adapt to us for a change and have to play their best 11 because they lose if they don't and not just go out and play us off the park. AEG has been useful for our progression but he won't cause trouble at the top level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We didn’t pay what was viewed as a bargain, yet still significant, fee for a highly rated player who has barely played for us to just offload him…

It’s really annoying me, there have been quite a few people writing him off and/or not willing to give him a chance to stake a claim here.

It’s embarrassing and ridiculous…

What time has he had? He came in, in January, in what was a struggling team then picked up injuries and knocks and needed time to adjust and settle… 

He didn’t join us at the start of the season or have a preseason…

We make ourselves look silly when we write off players or try to be “ruthless” with them…

The squad is quite light and we aren’t carrying anyone that cannot make any contribution… comments like these just smells of unnecessary negativity again.

We have room for additions…

Sanson could turn out to be one of our best players this season and make that CM spot his own… we won’t know unless we give him a chance!

🤦‍♂️

He seems to have a bit of bite to him too, which is something which I think we lack. He could be one of those players that given time will become an important cog in the machine. Probably nothing spectacular but one of those players that we miss when he’s not playing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Maybe SGC but as Dave said, I think he's at his peak and I want players that Pep and Tuchel are going to have to mention to their players that this guy can cause us a lot of problems, the big4 need to adapt to us for a change and have to play their best 11 because they lose if they don't and not just go out and play us off the park. AEG has been useful for our progression but he won't cause trouble at the top level.

Spot on. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I'm one of AEG's biggest defenders on here. If we replaced him with Alvarez or someone of that ilk then I'm all for it. For someone like Cantwell £20m+ (?)or McNeil who would cost £30m+ then there's no point. 

Personally I'd keep him let his contract run out then let him go. Unless he improves again. Admittedly game time for him will be difficult especially if we bring in Bailey.

From YouTube and that’s all I have to go on for Bailey, he looks too good for us. I haven’t seen him play live or on tv, I don’t think. 

El Ghazi gets a lot of abuse on here and at the stadium, I think he’s a good player. I don’t know why he gets abuse, it’s beyond me

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

We are on a football forum to express opinions, I just added my 2 cents, sorry for expressing an opinion 

You’re entitled to do that.. no one’s stopping you.

Sorry, I’m not in a great mood right now.

But I don’t know what significance “beauty” has got to do with players we are linked to. You could keep that to yourself.

Whether a player is talented and would be a good signing or upgrade, sure..

Personally, I don’t like Cantwell and don’t want him here.. imo, we should keep setting our sights higher such as the Bailey link today…

You’re absolutely entitled to disagree with that…

My view has no more worth than yours.

Apologies if I caused any offence.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Cantwell isn’t **** and he’s beautiful, I’d take him here

Cantwell has flattened as far as ability is concerned. Showed much promise 2-3 years ago but has failed to really kick on imo. Cantwell's a no from me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I see what you’re saying here but I don’t want to see him shine for another Premier League team. I trust Smith and the coaching team to make the right call

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You’re entitled to do that.. no one’s stopping you.

Sorry, I’m not in a great mood right now.

But I don’t know what significance “beauty” has got to do with players we are linked to. You could keep that to yourself.

Whether a player is talented and would be a good signing or upgrade, sure..

Personally, I don’t like Cantwell and don’t want him here.. imo, we should keep setting our sights higher such as the Bailey link today…

You’re absolutely entitled to disagree with that…

My view has no more worth than yours.

Apologies if I caused any offence.

image.jpeg.354926d83533e24938680b49df2d7bad.jpeg

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

From YouTube and that’s all I have to go on for Bailey, he looks too good for us. I haven’t seen him play live or on tv, I don’t think. 

El Ghazi gets a lot of abuse on here and at the stadium, I think he’s a good player. I don’t know why he gets abuse, it’s beyond me

Too good for us? Dear oh dear… we’re allowed to improve and challenge so signing a higher calibre of player is the way to go…

We need to get away from the small club mentality…

Sorry if I overreacted earlier, please don’t be offended or upset…

• Like 1

Cantwell is a very good player and wouldn't be a bad signing at all, especially if he's available at a cut price because of having only one year left on his contract. I have to wonder if those reacting so negatively to the link have seen him play much, last season he was one of the best players in the championship and he was decent the season before in the Premier league, it kind of seems people see other people being negative about him and just going along with it, there also seems to be an element of him being underrated because he's English and plays for an unfashionable club, see also Will Hughes at Watford and McNeill at Burnley.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Cantwell is a very good player and wouldn't be a bad signing at all, especially if he's available at a cut price because of having only one year left on his contract. I have to wonder if those reacting so negatively to the link have seen him play much, last season he was one of the best players in the championship and he was decent the season before in the Premier league, it kind of seems people see other people being negative about him and just going along with it, there also seems to be an element of him being underrated because he's English and plays for an unfashionable club, see also Will Hughes at Watford and McNeill at Burnley.

Yes I've seen him play and I'm comparing to what I saw of Buendia who played in the same team as him. Cantwell is a lower level Premier League and  higher level championship player. Imo of course. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Yes I've seen him play and I'm comparing to what I saw of Buendia who played in the same team as him. Cantwell is a lower level Premier League and  higher level championship player. Imo of course. 

I agree. I just don’t think he will improve us in the first XI or supporting players for where we are now.

• Like 2