Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

It's because it's the Euros, difference with Buendia is that Norwich wanted to sell him because they needed the money despite promotion, and Ashley Young was essentially a free agent. Pre-season starts this Monday and the Euros are drawing to a close so transfer market will probably start to become more busy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This is the sort of complete shit I need to see. 

Who's got a flight path incoming or spurious sighting in Aston to give me??

Well it’s certainly shit 🤣

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Can anyone remember if the "whispers" account on Twitter was legit? Last posted in 2016 apparently, it's a locked account but i'm following it. Dude is back. Probably complete nonsense but I don't really remember him/her/them whatever. I usually unfollow the rubbish people pretty quickly so a bit curious. 

image.thumb.png.314b7544ea249ec69819c276cec17f51.png

Felice d’Amico - happy of friend??? Italian winger at Sampdoria who’s played for a lot of the underage Italy teams but not done anything in the Italian league yet. (One of my FM19 favourites though)

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Get sleuthing people. Can we also get someone back monitoring the planes in and out please?

Pokemon Looking GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

I mean how long has it been since we've had a screenshot of flightradar24 in the transfer window thread? Too long is what it is.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What the hell is going on there.

Jesus.

I said in the Leicester thread in Other Football that you have to love how quiet and effective they are doing quality business.  Daka and Soumare for combined 40m

So much respect to them.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I said in the Leicester thread in Other Football that you have to love how quiet and effective they are doing quality business.  Daka and Soumare for combined 40m

So much respect to them.

It's embarrassing for the rest of league there wasn't more of a race for Soumare at that price.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So much respect to them.

Neither English, not English based. ( Just saying )

But people would have loved to have them.

Another example, of what i'm talking about.

Although it could be argued Leicester have a stronger foundation so can afford " bedding in " periods, but still.

You're paying 3, 4 and 5 times as much, for the English equivalent of those, or lower.

If Dakas name was Harry Plank and he had the same attributes in the PL, how much would he cost? lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Neither English, not English based.

Although it could be argued Leicester have a stronger foundation so can afford " bedding in " periods, but still.

You're paying 3, 4 and 5 times as much, for the English equivalent of those, or lower.

If Dakas name was Harry Plank and he had the same attributes in the PL, how much would he cost? lol

Let's wait and see if they are a new Kante or a new Musa/Slimani first eh.

Daka has scored goals in the equivalent of the Norwegian league.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Neither English, not English based. ( Just saying )

I think it works both ways because in football people love sexy foreign names or foreign players playing really well in very poor leagues and they are playing for the biggest club in that league so look like world beaters and are only 20m for example but we have to remember the PL is not only one of the hardest and biggest leagues but the style is very different to many other leagues.

It becomes risk v premium cost discussion and hopefully our recruitment team make the right choices on that balance.  We need to get value for money but not at the expense of too higher risk.

In my opinion Daka and Soumare are that right balance but they could easily both be incredibly poor . Looks good from the outside though.

I’m probably more cautious re Villa because we can’t afford many mistakes because we are growing and as you say Leicester are more stabilised.  I honestly think this is one of the biggest summers for many many years in my eyes, post covid finance issues of other clubs, the managerial flux in the PL, the mixed bag from a lot of PL clubs last season apart from really Man City and if we don’t do well this season we’ll lose Jack and Smith might get punted.  The season of going from mid table to European place challengers is a massive step given the teams we are competing with so I’m definitely edging towards less risk, more premium type players than foreign, high risk.  Give me Tammy and ESR and then you can do whatever else you like.

• Like 2

Last summer there were people on here hyping up every Brighton and Wolves signing as 'amazing business'. I wonder if Daka is being slightly overrated, has done well in the Austrian league, but his record in Europe against better opposition isn't great at all.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go for Nampalys Mendy from Leicester now that they've signed Soumaré, similar age and profile to Romeu, and maybe he's someone McKenzie and Shakespeare know well.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wonder if there were people on Leicester Talk going “Sanson for £14m! We should have have all over that!” 6 months ago. 

I think he’ll do well for us next season, you can see he has talent on the ball

• Like 2