Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Each to their own but if you don't like Traore you are utterly, utterly joyless.

This basically. 
If you can’t get enjoyment out of a total maverick then I feel sorry for you all. 
(Doesn’t mean he has to start every game but he’s statistically had a great season btw)…

• Like 2

Just gone through 3 pages of people arguing whether we should replace a player we've already replaced a month ago for a club record fee.

Slow news day?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

This basically. 
If you can’t get enjoyment out of a total maverick then I feel sorry for you all. 
(Doesn’t mean he has to start every game but he’s statistically had a great season btw)…

I just love the match threads where we’re all “come on Bertie, you’ve got to track back!” “Traore is awful” and then he scores a worldly and we all lose our shit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

This basically. 

The problem with a total maverick is for everytime he gets your bum off the seat for an exciting piece of play you get twice the amount for what the f are you doing.

The amount of times Traore beat a man and could put someone through, but instead chose to beat them again, and again, and again then lose the ball.

Mega Frustrating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool when they won the league 2 seasons ago the player 11th for most minutes played 2000 mins. Last season for Villa 11th most minutes was El Ghazi on 1600 mins and we didn't have European games and hardly any cup games. Liverpool won the league with less rotation than us last season

However, they had more quality players, and more strength in depth.

Something we didn't have.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Each to their own but if you don't like Traore you are utterly, utterly joyless.

Indeed.

Plus the absolute Villa Talk classic of calling him "rubbish", which he very demonstrably is not.  State of this place :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Cherry picking stats to suit your argument doesn’t alter the fact that the top teams have big quality squads. If we want to be a top team that is what we’ll need. Unless you’re right and the rest of the football world is wrong and NSWE are just chucking money away for the fun of it? 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Don’t write my boy BT off, he’s our most entertaining player. Give him a chance, he will improve (exciting).

We’ve put up with comparative shit in El Ghazi & Trez, can’t we afford this lad some patience? He’s way better and has made a contribution in his first season for us. He scores and assists, that’s his priority. And he’s won us games, thrilling us at the same time with some absurd skills 😆. His technique and elegance on the ball is more than welcome.

Defensive discipline is something that can be worked on. Talent and ability, not so much…

Sometimes it just seems like so many of us are quick to shit on our own players, give them a chance.

Just look at how much better Targett was this season…

Oh and Buendia is going to be class, don’t you dare….

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

However, they had more quality players, and more strength in depth.

Something we didn't have.

But I thought others told us we can’t have strength in depth.  Having more than one top notch player you can’t have that. I’m confused…

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

😂

• Haha 2

Does anyone know much about James Garner from Man Utd? Last year on his contract and obvs a cheaper alternative to winks and co we’ve been linked with. 

We should to be targeting players on the peripheries of the 1st team squad but not quite there with PSG where I’d be looking most ( Edouard, Soumare, Diaby, Nkunku, Ikone all let go by PSG ) They have just released Kays Ruiz-Atil - though he is Barca bound according to reports… Chelsea are another obvious team to target. 

Edited by thabucks

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But I thought others told us we can’t have strength in depth.  Having more than one top notch player you can’t have that. I’m confused…

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

😂

go away no GIF

Get back to the Tammy thread 🤣

3 minutes ago, MentalM said:

No please, one of my best mates is a Milan fan. He isnt a fan, and since I am loyal to him I am not either!

He plays for Lyon now mate…

A bargain deal from Ligue 1?

So Bertie.... I think he will improve this season as he settles in more. A good pre-season for Dean to work his magic on him and we will have a hell of a player on our hands.

Jas - how's that?

6 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So Bertie.... I think he will improve this season as he settles in more. A good pre-season for Dean to work his magic on him and we will have a hell of a player on our hands.

Jas - how's that?

Thank You Thank You Applause GIF by Warner Archive

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just looking at the PSG squad . Could Arnaud Kalimuendo be the next Edouard or Dembele … https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/psgtalk.com/2020/06/the-top-5-talents-still-in-psgs-academy/amp/

Timothée Pembélé Is a versatile young defender

The academy is stockpiled with talent and here are five players fans should keep their eye on the next couple of seasons.