Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m probably more cautious re Villa because we can’t afford many mistakes because we are growing and as you say Leicester are more stabilised.  I honestly think this is one of the biggest summers for many many years in my eyes, post covid finance issues of other clubs, the managerial flux in the PL, the mixed bag from a lot of PL clubs last season apart from really Man City and if we don’t do well this season we’ll lose Jack and Smith might get punted.  The season of going from mid table to European place challengers is a massive step given the teams we are competing with so I’m definitely edging towards less risk, more premium type players than foreign, high risk.  Give me Tammy and ESR and then you can do whatever else you like.

Totally understandable, and I get it, still a bit frustrating.

Patience is needed I guess.

Building a solid British core of talent, will then help us to get into the position of being able to attract pedigree foreigners at a lower price,

Probably more expensive short term, but much more rewarding in the long term.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wonder if there were people on Leicester Talk going “Sanson for £14m! We should have have all over that!” 6 months ago. 

I've heard Jamaican Fox was quite annoyed.

* Shout out to the poster who created our Leicester Talk equivalents, i've now forgotten who it was.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Totally understandable, and I get it, still a bit frustrating.

Patience is needed I guess.

Building a solid British core of talent, will then help us to get into the position of being able to attract pedigree foreigners at a lower price,

Probably more expensive short term, but much more rewarding in the long term.

Don't forget that younger British players may be more expensive to buy, but they also command a premium if sold, so the financial differential is not too dissimilar but the risk is lower 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wonder if there were people on Leicester Talk going “Sanson for £14m! We should have have all over that!” 6 months ago. 

Actually a good point well made. People were quick to dismiss him, not even giving him 6 months to find his feet.

I personally like Sanson, but it was pretty obvious a big step up for him. So I find people wanking over the football manager'esque signings Leicester have made pretty funny.

Would not surprise me a bit if they flopped.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually a good point well made. People were quick to dismiss him, not even giving him 6 months to find his feet.

I personally like Sanson, but it was pretty obvious a big step up for him. So I find people wanking over the football manager'esque signings Leicester have made pretty funny.

Would not surprise me a bit if they flopped.

Not really that big a step up for him. He looked class when he played despite numerous bookings. On the ball he was fine but defensively I think he was surprised by how well prem players react to pressing which is why he picked up a few yellows. Although to be fair to him 2 of them were professional fouls that wouldn't have been bookings if he played for City, United or Chelsea. 

But he got an ankle injury in his first start. And then maybe a thigh injury only a couple of games later so he only played like 230 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man’s lightning quick. 

Yup, would add a lovely new dimension to our squad and a very different option to Jack If he got shifted central a bit next year. (Obviously not actually advocating signing a player based on an hour lol but he's very quick and only 19)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Not really that big a step up for him. He looked class when he played despite numerous bookings. On the ball he was fine but defensively I think he was surprised by how well prem players react to pressing which is why he picked up a few yellows. Although to be fair to him 2 of them were professional fouls that wouldn't have been bookings if he played for City, United or Chelsea. 

But he got an ankle injury in his first start. And then maybe a thigh injury only a couple of games later so he only played like 230 minutes. 

He picked up a knee injury and reportedly it wasn’t healing as fast as they hoped which is why we never saw him again. He ruptured the ACL in his right knee years back but not sure if that is the same knee.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever that Doku plays for, give them 30m. Man just blasts around at 100mph. Why have I never heard of him before? 

I have heard of him before so he isn't an unknown.

He seems to have a lot of talents for a 19 year old.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jeremy-doku/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/486049

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He picked up a knee injury and reportedly it wasn’t healing as fast as they hoped which is why we never saw him again. He ruptured the ACL in his right knee years back but not sure if that is the same knee.

I thought it was something in his upper leg. Must have gotten confused between Thigh and Knee then. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever that Doku plays for, give them 30m. Man just blasts around at 100mph. Why have I never heard of him before? 

They payed €25m for him last season so would probably cost double that since he had a great season in Ligue 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

They payed €25m for him last season so would probably cost double that since he had a great season in Ligue 1

Define great season. The kid looked good but his stats are pretty poor, considering the leagues he has played in.

Edited by WHY
  • Thanks 1