Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Alli is apparently renowned for his bad attitude in training, he's a lazy player, he also looks like a childish idiot on the Spurs documentary "nothing or nothing".

I 100% would not want a player with his attitude around our tight, together, developing squad.

No thanks.

So Mourinho bullies a player relentlessly and it’s the players fault? People questioned Shaw’s professionalism. Lingaard another great example of a player that was questioned and resurrected himself. 

Alli was being spoken about as one of the best players in the league only a few years ago. He just needs an attack minded manager and a loving arm around the shoulder.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

My criteria doesn’t matter at all, it’s just an opinion and point of view.

I agree with taking a deal on its own merits, I just don’t see this one having any. Not for us, not a good/right for us imo and we’re talking hypothetically, that maybe it would work out and he’d be an asset. No guarantee of that all, it’s more likely to fail and cost us a la Drinkwater & Barkley. Let’s not go through that shit again…

Agreed.  This is where Edens and Lange’s team come into their own.  The emphasis on recruitment has been on using data and personality analysis to identify value when the old school methods don’t.

If they think there’s still a player there, and the data backs it up, they’ll go for it, and won’t be shy in bidding what they think is appropriate, see £30m for ESR as evidence of backing their beliefs.

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

i wish he would but he will stick to english based players sad really

We signed Sanson & Traore last season…. no reason to rule players out.

We may mainly be after PL or even Championship players, but it doesn’t mean we aren’t looking abroad. What is the point of our scouting department?

If we find good value and excellent quality or prospects… why wouldn’t we take the plunge? Would be massively restrictive not to…

Alvarez at 15m? Seems like a fabulous deal…

5 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Agreed.  This is where Edens and Lange’s team come into their own.  The emphasis on recruitment has been on using data and personality analysis to identify value when the old school methods don’t.

If they think there’s still a player there, and the data backs it up, they’ll go for it, and won’t be shy in bidding what they think is appropriate, see £30m for ESR as evidence of backing their beliefs.

Sensible post 👍

45 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm all for signing young English players but surely you could buy a hell of a better 10 for outside the country for that money!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

So Mourinho bullies a player relentlessly and it’s the players fault? People questioned Shaw’s professionalism. Lingaard another great example of a player that was questioned and resurrected himself. 

Alli was being spoken about as one of the best players in the league only a few years ago. He just needs an attack minded manager and a loving arm around the shoulder.

The media are massively biased towards certain clubs. They spin a narrative that suits their own agenda and lots of people, including most pundits who are incapable of thinking for themselves, lap it up as a statement of fact. It obviously also works in reverse too. Jack would be a mainstay of England if he played for a different club. The media are just so powerful.

Alli has never been the player that the media made him out to be. Spurs were awful last season and he didn’t get a look in. Mourinho is no fool (although the media now like to spin it that way). If Alli was the answer Mourinho would have got him playing. I will trust one of the greatest managers of modern football over some fat hack from the Sun every single day.

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

pretty sure i didnt mention Mourinho.....

Alli is a bad egg imo, thats just my opinion.