Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

which journos can you trust

Much prefer Preece. Doesn’t seem that professional or good 😆 but he’s clearly a Villa fan. Cares about the club and his info is usually spot on.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

which journos can you trust

Percy just confirms things but is the most legit.

You won’t really get any stories from him beforehand, just tends to confirm bids and deals.

30 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

2 comments on 2 separate threads within 2 minutes about him, by you, though... 🥴

plenty of people don’t like Evans. His articles rely heavily on his own guesswork and he has no real connection to the club 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

So Mourinho bullies a player relentlessly and it’s the players fault? People questioned Shaw’s professionalism. Lingaard another great example of a player that was questioned and resurrected himself. 

Alli was being spoken about as one of the best players in the league only a few years ago. He just needs an attack minded manager and a loving arm around the shoulder.

I think your right in this, Mourinhio is a bully and an ignorant manager who has lost his way I think, he's lost the passion he once had.

I think Ali would come alive under Smith.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

👍

Annoyed, tired, frustrated…

I believe it is press garbage.

Leicester played a blinder with Tielemans, just one example.

I would hope we can & will do the same sort of thing.

Didn't do too badly signing Pereira, Ndidi, Soyuncu and Castagne either! Sure Daka will be the same.

I'm fine with us having an English core but why would we want to spend £60m on JWP, £40m on McNeil, £40m on Tammy, £35m on Winks. Overpriced and not worth it. Out of all of them I'd probably take Tammy on loan with an option to buy as I like him and I'd probably take JWP for around £40m and Smith Rowe at around £30m. We pay any more than that and we're being conned.

Sabitzer is in his final year of contract and apparently available for a bargain £15m. If we're after a no 10 why would we not be looking there, every time I've watched him for Austria he's made things happen and that's with poor players around him. 

Vlasic for Croatia is another no 10 who whenever I've seen him play has looked fantastic and again has been linked with moves to the PL. It didn't work out for him at Everton but he's the sort of target we should be looking at.

We're also not really being linked with many quality DMs which makes no sense as we need one. Alvarez is an exciting link because he's supposed to be quick (which we need) but is also young and versatile and available at a good price. He gives us options. 

We brought in Lange and MacKenzie to look at the European market and all we get linked with is English players and a fair few of the links are to players that will not actually improve us like Winks and Romeu. I agree with you the links must be rubbish because we can't be that dumb at signing players surely. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think your right in this, Mourinhio is a bully and an ignorant manager who has lost his way I think, he's lost the passion he once had.

I don’t, Alli had been poor for a long time under Pochettino aswell.

While im happy to blame Mourinho for some things based on his style.

Both Alli and Lingard were poor on their own, Mourinho helped keep them there.

Maybe Alli does just need a change to kick him back into gear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Didn't do too badly signing Pereira, Ndidi, Soyuncu and Castagne either! Sure Daka will be the same.

I'm fine with us having an English core but why would we want to spend £60m on JWP, £40m on McNeil, £40m on Tammy, £35m on Winks. Overpriced and not worth it. Out of all of them I'd probably take Tammy on loan with an option to buy as I like him and I'd probably take JWP for around £40m and Smith Rowe at around £30m. We pay any more than that and we're being conned.

Sabitzer is in his final year of contract and apparently available for a bargain £15m. If we're after a no 10 why would we not be looking there, every time I've watched him for Austria he's made things happen and that's with poor players around him. 

Vlasic for Croatia is another no 10 who whenever I've seen him play has looked fantastic and again has been linked with moves to the PL. It didn't work out for him at Everton but he's the sort of target we should be looking at.

We're also not really being linked with many quality DMs which makes no sense as we need one. Alvarez is an exciting link because he's supposed to be quick (which we need) but is also young and versatile and available at a good price. He gives us options. 

We brought in Lange and MacKenzie to look at the European market and all we get linked with is English players and a fair few of the links are to players that will not actually improve us like Winks and Romeu. I agree with you the links must be rubbish because we can't be that dumb at signing players surely. 

I regard to Sabitzer he plays for a champions league team, and apparently has champions league teams interested. So I doubt he'd sign for us. I'd sign him in a heartbeat, real hard working, creative, excellent shot on him and decent on set pieces also.

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

I don’t, Alli had been poor for a long time under Pochettino aswell.

While im happy to blame Mourinho for some things based on his style.

Both Alli and Lingard were poor on their own, Mourinho helped keep them there.

Maybe Alli does just need a change to kick him back into gear.

I see your points and let's face it we won't know unless we make the move and being the bloke here.

Would be nice to find out though. I do believe if we bring him here it's because there's a reason and they think they can revive him.

My son loves the bloke to bits for some reason, always raves about him and how he'd love him to join Villa, same with Lingard who went to Westham and woke up 

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Emi Buendia came out relatively quickly before the signing. Wesley, Luiz, Nakamba, Cash, Martinez and most of our youth signings all happened either with zero leaks, or are virtually done by the time the press find out.

The fact we are being linked to Cantwell, Winks, Tammy, Tuanzebe so early on is practically a guarantee that we aren't signing any of them. easy, lazy links.

ESR and JWP have both been discussed from reporters on the selling clubs side first, both with a virtual '**** off' to us. The higher profile ones are more likely to be 'leaked' by the other clubs I suppose.

We won't know who we are signing till it's nearly done from abroad. But we have had links to Alvarez, Sarr, Adarabioyo, Luyindama and I'm sure there was another CB too.

Don't judge the club based on links from media targeted with numbers of the amount of articles and clicks they generate

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I regard to Sabitzer he plays for a champions league team, and apparently has champions league teams interested. So I doubt he'd sign for us. I'd sign him in a heartbeat, real hard working, creative, excellent shot on him and decent on set pieces also.

True but he's heavily linked with Arse who have no European competition next year either like us. Though whether they're in with a chance just because of their 'name' who knows, but realistically we'll likely be competing with them next season. 

Vlasic is certainly doable given CSKA didn't even qualify for European competition last season.

A few people on here seem to be obsessed with us signing huge defensive midfielders, and can't understand why we aren't linked to any. Maybe it's because our management and recruitment team really see the value in data nowadays and any way you look at our performances last season, statistically there's nothing to suggest this sort of player should be a priority. We only conceeded 2 more goals than Manchester United last season, and the likes of West Ham, Leicester and Leeds all finished above us with more porous defences. 

It's clear the issue was the lack of creativity when Jack wasn't in the side as our goals dropped off massively, whilst our defensive stats largely remained the same. This is why we're being linked with the likes of Smith Rowe and even JWP who's free kicks would add another attacking dimension.

I know a lot of people on here really want us to sign a CDM but Smith seems reluctant to use them, unless it's for specific games. A defensive midfielder like most people want wouldn't be willing to come in and only play 13 games like Nakamba did. We're better off spending our money on more attacking players.

Just watch a new CDM be announced this afternoon now... 😂

• Like 2

This Mourinho bully stuff is rather exaggerated. Lingard admits his lost his head, and he wasn't applying himself. I don’t believe you can pin that on Mourinho. 

Shaw is a good player, but he does make some bad decisions. He had serious injuries, was playing poorly and lacking confidence, before Mourinho even walked in the door at Man U. Mourinho was actually trying to cajole Shaw and Pogba into being more responsible on the pitch, he tried many different methods, for publicly supporting them to public criticism, and who knows what else behind the scenes. Ultimately those two and then Ali were players he didn't feel we're working hard enough, and / or showing enough tactical discipline. And he was right when looked at in the context off; what he wants from his players and how he sets up his teams.

Mourinho football requires quality defenders that have lots of discipline and high concentration. He has lacked both at Man U and Tottenham. Both teams were in decline before he arrived there, so I think it's best not to write him off just yet. 

No I wouldn't want him at Villa I don't want us to play like that. 

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Emi Buendia came out relatively quickly before the signing. Wesley, Luiz, Nakamba, Cash, Martinez and most of our youth signings all happened either with zero leaks, or are virtually done by the time the press find out.

The fact we are being linked to Cantwell, Winks, Tammy, Tuanzebe so early on is practically a guarantee that we aren't signing any of them. easy, lazy links.

ESR and JWP have both been discussed from reporters on the selling clubs side first, both with a virtual '**** off' to us. The higher profile ones are more likely to be 'leaked' by the other clubs I suppose.

We won't know who we are signing till it's nearly done from abroad. But we have had links to Alvarez, Sarr, Adarabioyo, Luyindama and I'm sure there was another CB too.

Don't judge the club based on links from media targeted with numbers of the amount of articles and clicks they generate

To be fair Buendia was linked for at least a week before we signed him. Us and the Gooners were in for him, as was one European team. That dragged on for over a week before we signed him. Though I believe that links to him did actually come from credible sources.

I do believe they are lazy leaks and that is why I question why we are even discussing them seriously as I very much doubt we'd have any interest in Cantwell, Winks or Tuanzebe who are barely good enough to improve the squad let alone the team. Tammy just seems to be because he played with us on loan for one season.

I think the ESR and JWP links are legit because it's pretty obvious we made 2 bids for ESR as they were reported officially by several credible sources. I'm not sure about JWP, I think we enquired but were told a price and decided he wasn't worth the money (at least I hope as if we were to spend £60-70m on a player I'd want them to be better than JWP). 

I'd welcome links like Sarr, Alvarez and de Arrascaeta as at least those are signings to get excited about and are available at much more reasonable prices than the players mentioned above.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

change the name Alli for Barkley and thats what we will get. Guy is finished

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

change the name Alli for Barkley and thats what we will get. Guy is finished

Now that's Judging on someone before they have had chance to even kick a ball for us and I don't agree with doing it.

Just like I said in the Tammy thread just, if Smith and Co pull these players in that some of you are looking down upon. You have to trust that they see things that we don't and feel as though they will benefit Villa in the upcoming season and beyond.