Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

15 minutes ago, WHY said:

Define great season. The kid looked good but his stats are pretty poor, considering the leagues he has played in.

6 Goals and 8 assists in all comps this season for an 18 year old (turned 19 at the end of the Ligue 1 Season) is a bloody good year for his first in a new league.

Yeah you'd like to see someone rip it up but Traore wasn't and he did well with us last year.This lad is 19.

20 minutes ago, WHY said:

Define great season. The kid looked good but his stats are pretty poor, considering the leagues he has played in.

One of the highest ranked wide players in the league on both whoscored and sofascore.

Fair enough if you don't rate or watch Ligue 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually a good point well made. People were quick to dismiss him, not even giving him 6 months to find his feet.

I personally like Sanson, but it was pretty obvious a big step up for him. So I find people wanking over the football manager'esque signings Leicester have made pretty funny.

Would not surprise me a bit if they flopped.

I definitely wasn't slagging Sanson off, more pointing out the futility of fawning over the 'high-value' signings other clubs make and bemoaning our lack of activity in this area, whilst disregarding the times we have done it in the (very) recent past. I'm willing to bet there are plenty of supporters of clubs who finished above and below ours in the table last season, who don't understand why they seemingly didn't want a piece of Buendia either. 

I guess my point is that the grass isn't always greener. We should be grateful we have a club who based on all the evidence we have, know exactly what they want and will deliver on it. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, sne said:

They payed €25m for him last season so would probably cost double that since he had a great season in Ligue 1

Rennes are pretty loaded nowadays (had a takeover a couple of years ago) so don't think they're one of the clubs we could take advantage of in French league. He's a good talent though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

6 Goals and 8 assists in all comps this season for an 18 year old (turned 19 at the end of the Ligue 1 Season) is a bloody good year for his first in a new league.

Yeah you'd like to see someone rip it up but Traore wasn't and he did well with us last year.This lad is 19.

Scored 2 goals and got 3 assists last season in the league.

• Thanks 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Rennes are pretty loaded nowadays (had a takeover a couple of years ago) so don't think they're one of the clubs we could take advantage of in French league. He's a good talent though.

Will get some more money if they are forced to sell Camavinga if he refuses to sign a new contract. Could have gotten a whole lot more but guess they'll have to cash in or lose him for nothing next summer.

26 minutes ago, sne said:

One of the highest ranked wide players in the league on both whoscored and sofascore.

Fair enough if you don't rate or watch Ligue 1

I watched a fair bit of French football last season and Doku never really stood out. I can only say what I saw, like I say his stats aren’t all that. I don’t judge a player by stats though. He’s young and will improve but wouldn’t be spending 40/50m on him, like some have suggested.

Edited by WHY

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Scored 2 goals and got 3 assists last season in the league.

Played the first couple months at Anderlecht and only joined Rennes in mid October. Got another 2 goals and 4 assists in 7 games for Anderlecht, and again the kid was 18.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Played the first couple months at Anderlecht and only joined Rennes in mid October. Got another 2 goals and 4 assists in 7 games for Anderlecht, and again the kid was 18.

I stand corrected, I’m not saying he’s not a good player but other than tonight when I’ve seen him, he’s not looked great. We won’t be signing him anyway so I’m not that bothered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wonder if there were people on Leicester Talk going “Sanson for £14m! We should have have all over that!” 6 months ago. 

Possibly, great price. Shame he hasn't got going.

Soumare for that little us borderline suspicious. Incredible deal.

We spent more than that on Traore who we appear to be trying to replace in the XI already.

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’s had his day

I don’t want to sign Dele so not arguing with your points above but don’t think this is true… He’s younger than Grealish and Watkins, I’m sure he’ll have a few good days yet to come somewhere or other. PSG were trying to sign him in January, I think it’s almost as likely he’d turn us down than the other way around tbh.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s fine by me. He looks so dangerous. 

The speed. The ability to hold players off. The change of tempo. How quick he'd change the ball from one foot to another and drag it in another direction while the ball stays glued to his feet. I've never seen anything like it.  Grealish and Adama Traore merged into a 19 year old kid. 

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t want to sign Dele so not arguing with your points above but don’t think this is true… He’s younger than Grealish and Watkins, I’m sure he’ll have a few good days yet to come somewhere or other. PSG were trying to sign him in January, I think it’s almost as likely he’d turn us down than the other way around tbh.

Sure.

But I don’t want us to waste time and resources on someone like him. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever that Doku plays for, give them 30m. Man just blasts around at 100mph. Why have I never heard of him before? 

You have Traore with 13 goal involvements in 2300 mins with no pre season who you think is rubbish but you want to sign a kid after watching one game because he's fast besides the fact he signed 5 year deal with new club in October 2020. You couldn't make it up

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You have Traore with 13 goal involvements in 2300 mins with no pre season who you think is rubbish but you want to sign a kid after watching one game because he's fast besides the fact he signed 5 year deal with new club in October 2020. You couldn't make it up

Oh shit, I can’t wait to see Traore next season too…

That silky b******d!! 🤣🤣🤣

:popcorn:

Edited by Jas10

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

True enough the goals and assists for his season in Ligue 1 isn't good at all, but you can see he is very talented for a lad who has just turned 19.