Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Jas10 said:

Who would you like to see us sign btw?

CB cover. GK cover unless they happy with Steer. If Wesley isn't deemed up to it as Smith said someone that can cover inside forward/striker and depending on Guilbert situation possibly FB cover unless they think youth players can step up

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

CB cover. GK cover unless they happy with Steer. If Wesley isn't deemed up to it as Smith said someone that can cover inside forward/striker and depending on Guilbert situation possibly FB cover unless they think youth players can step up

Any names?

Just cover? No one to step into and improve the team?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Any names?

Just cover? No one to step into and improve the team?

Most important signing is lad by name of Grealish. Otherwise I'm happy with first team and addition of Buendia. If the club wants to surprise me that's great. I don't buy into the DCM everyone wants. I don't think Smith wants that type of player relative to what we have

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Most important signing is lad by name of Grealish. Otherwise I'm happy with first team and addition of Buendia. If the club wants to surprise me that's great. I don't buy into the DCM everyone wants. I don't think Smith wants that type of player relative to what we have

Ok, but to keep Jack happy (and for the sake of the fans and club’s happiness & ambitions) we need to progress and improve right? Try and qualify for Europe?

Do you not think it shows a bit of a lack of ambition to not want to further strengthen the side? Do you think our squad is better than the sides that finished higher up the table than us? Who will also strengthen and improve?

And wouldn’t you prefer competition to cover?

Edited by Jas10

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, but to keep Jack happy (and for the sake of the fans and club’s happiness & ambitions) we need to progress and improve right? Try and qualify for Europe?

Do you not think it shows a bit of a lack of ambition to not want to further strengthen the side? Do you think our squad is better than the sides that finished higher up the table than us? Who will also strengthen and improve?

And wouldn’t you prefer competition to cover?

I think we could qualify for Europe with current team. They have a seasons worth of experience for last year's signings and longer for the others. Buendia is massive upgrade on Barkley. I rate some of our players a lot whereas others don't but that's opinions

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who would those 'cover' players be?

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do you not even have any suggestions?

For example; I would like to see 'Tuanzebe' as the CB cover...

I would not like Tuanzebe. That Joachim Andersen "ITK rumour" was interesting but nothing has come of it as yet. I'm not going to reel off player names for the sake of it that I think the club has no interest in or they've signed 5 year deal recently so effectively not for sale

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would not like Tuanzebe. That Joachim Andersen "ITK rumour" was interesting but nothing has come of it as yet. I'm not going to reel off player names for the sake of it that I think the club has no interest in or they've signed 5 year deal recently so effectively not for sale

Fair enough.

We know someone like Tuanzebe would be a realistic target and gettable - opposed to someone who's just signed a 5 year contract.

However, don't be fooled by contracts either. You Just have to look at Fabian Delph on that one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

All he needs is a decent manager behind him and a bit of consistent game time under his belt and he will be fine.

You don’t think that Solskjaer is a decent manager? He’ll be fine in time if they give him time. I thought Tuanzebe was great for us in The Championship, I’d take him back here, he need a new centre back with Engels moving on, I’d struggle to name a better, more attainable name than Tuanzebe to replace Engels

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t think that Solskjaer is a decent manager? He’ll be fine in time if they give him time. I thought Tuanzebe was great for us in The Championship, I’d take him back here, he need a new centre back with Engels moving on, I’d struggle to name a better, more attainable name than Tuanzebe to replace Engels

He was horrific in 5-5 vs Forest but maybe one off and Hourihane was revolving door in defence in front of him. Do you think he wants to move from one bench to another? I doubt it 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was horrific in 5-5 vs Forest but maybe one off and Hourihane was revolving door in defence in front of him. Do you think he wants to move from one bench to another? I doubt it 

I remember that match, I doubt he’ll want to move from one bench to another but he has become stale at Man Utd. He needs to move on for the sake of his career, be it to us or another team