Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

So Mourinho bullies a player relentlessly and it’s the players fault? People questioned Shaw’s professionalism. Lingaard another great example of a player that was questioned and resurrected himself. 

Alli was being spoken about as one of the best players in the league only a few years ago. He just needs an attack minded manager and a loving arm around the shoulder.

Mourinho didn't bully him...  He's a lazy fooker.  100% no for me.  He'll be Barkley 2.0 for us.  Will start well, but will go back to being shit after a few games.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Mourinho didn't bully him...  He's a lazy fooker.  100% no for me.  He'll be Barkley 2.0 for us.  Will start well, but will go back to being shit after a few games.

This is demonstrably absolute bollocks, based on nothing but media perception. 

114387838_DeleAllioverview.PNG.9bb81e1fe4063431907033d7cdf5843e.PNG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nuno will put an arm around Alli, which is precisely what he needs, and he will be in the England squad for World Cup '22. 

You're spot on here.

Yes Alli has it in his locker, we know he has.

I thought with Jose's arrival at Spurs he would have got him going but it turned out to be the other way.

As you say, I think Nuno will reignite the lad's career and wouldn't be suprised to see him in the England squad for the world cup either.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

plenty of people don’t like Evans. His articles rely heavily on his own guesswork and he has no real connection to the club 

Has anyone at the BMail rag EVER had a well connected relationship with the media?

I have the unfortunate of being a friend of being a Spurs fan and I’ve seen far too much of them last season

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF 

since mourinho left  dele played loads more and the games I saw him in he was brilliant, MOTM level Brilliant.

the “past it” “lazy” kind of comments are rather ill informed. It’s true that’s he’s inconsistent,  but most of his poor form is due to injuries, confidence and getting back in to it after Mourinho.

my doubts is those injuries and confidence dips.

but then again, Dean Smith’s could be the pick me up he needs 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

39 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I see your points and let's face it we won't know unless we make the move and being the bloke here.

Would be nice to find out though. I do believe if we bring him here it's because there's a reason and they think they can revive him.

My son loves the bloke to bits for some reason, always raves about him and how he'd love him to join Villa, same with Lingard who went to Westham and woke up 

Funny GIF

• Haha 4

I would be shocked if Alli gets another England call up. Mount, Jack, Foden, Bellingham have all went past him

Can imagine Southgate isnt a fan of his attitude problem 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I have the unfortunate of being a friend of being a Spurs fan and I’ve seen far too much of them last season

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF 

since mourinho left  dele played loads more and the games I saw him in, he was brilliant, MOTM level Brilliant.

the “past it” “lazy” kind of comments are rather ill informed. It’s true that’s he’s inconsistent,  but most of his poor form is due to injuries, confidence and getting back in to it after Mourinho.

my doubts is those injuries and confidence dips.

but then again, Dean Smith’s could be the pick me up he needs 

He wasnt man of the match when we played Spurs, he was one of the worst players on the pitch 

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Aguero

Bergkamp

Riquelme

Tevez

Romario

All were dogshit trainers and would be considered 'Lazy' today. Frankly I care if they can rock up and perform on the day in a match. 

Paul McGrath and Ledley King could barely train and were still the best players on the pitch most of the time!

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're spot on here.

Yes Alli has it in his locker, we know he has.

I thought with Jose's arrival at Spurs he would have got him going but it turned out to be the other way.

As you say, I think Nuno will reignite the lad's career and wouldn't be suprised to see him in the England squad for the world cup either.

If Safegate is in charge at least 10 other players will have to suffer career ending injuries for this to happen. He can’t stand Jack despite Jack being a really hard worker. Alli has got no chance.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Aguero

Bergkamp

Riquelme

Tevez

Romario

All were dogshit trainers and would be considered 'Lazy' today. Frankly I care if they can rock up and perform on the day in a match. 

Paul McGrath and Ledley King could barely train and were still the best players on the pitch most of the time!

Not sure I have ever read Tevez and lazy in the same sentence before 

They are also elite talents, Dele Alli isnt 😂

• Like 1

Indeed, Pep has wanted to get rid of Aguero ever since the day he walked into the club simply based on the fact he just does not train hard. He cruises. 

He's probably the best striker in Premier League history come match day. That's not to suggest Smith and co. wouldn't expect more of Alli and it may well be a hindrance to signing him, but IMO the likelihood is that somebody will get the best from him and we will be disappointed it wasn't us. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Not sure I have ever read Tevez and lazy in the same sentence before 

They are also elite talents, Dele Alli isnt 😂

Exactly,  yet there are a number of reports that he was in training. 

If you were were transported back to 2018 you would have agreed that Dele Alli was an elite level talent. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Do you really think Levy is going to give us an easy and cheap deal? He’s going to rinse us where he can.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

He probably wants to get his contracts off the spurs books so he can sign some more players. 

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

Has anyone at the BMail rag EVER had a well connected relationship with the media?

I think Kendrick did, until he burned his bridges with them over criticising a manager. I can't remember whicgh manager, it may even have been O'Neill but I'm sure I remember him previously having a legitimate in at the club and that paper would get actual exclusives, but since they cut him out everything from the Mail is just pure guesswork or clickbait sensationalism.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Exactly,  yet there are a number of reports that he was in training. 

If you were were transported back to 2018 you would have agreed that Dele Alli was an elite level talent. 

Nope, my posts back then said he was decent but overrated and will be found out soon 

Never been a fan as has stinking attitude too. Partying mid season with well known gangsters sons in Dubai. 

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

👍

Annoyed, tired, frustrated…

I believe it is press garbage.

Leicester played a blinder with Tielemans, just one example.

I would hope we can & will do the same sort of thing.

Kessie maybe? He's in the last year of his contract. So AC Milan may be willing to let him go for less than they would want. I think he'd near guarantee us Europe and maybe even CL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1